Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

321 - 330 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
oh my gawd... frig i get sick and i miss everything lol. happy to see this thing running :) great job once again. :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
oh my gawd... frig i get sick and i miss everything lol. happy to see this thing running :) great job once again. :)
Isn't that always how it works?!

Well I dinked around with putting the sunroof in for about 4 hours yesterday and it's still not right!
Basically what's happening is the sunroof closes all but 3" then the drivers side rear corner lifts up, scrapes along the roof, and peels the rear edege of the seal back... I'd dosent seem like it's binding (I can wiggle it a little side to side) at any given point of the track.
I looked every thing over before I reinstalled and the pivot link on the divers side seemed loose and had a crack in it; could this be the issue? Or possibly the motor isn't on correctly and the passingers side isn't pulling properly?
Idk, either way I've got all the glass and sunroof in so now when she sleeps outside for the night I don't have to put a tarp on her... That and it looks like a real car now!!!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I've put mine on the back burner a few times, so I know the feeling. I remember seeing this car when it was for sale, and thought it had alot of potential, will be good to see you get back to it...hurry up and get that MR2 finished!!!!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
Ghoul, do ya have any updates for us?!?! :)

yeah,
heres pics of how it looks now!

soooooo, thats a big NO :(
basically here it is;
Mr2 got to be such a problem child and im super mad that I spent all summer working on it that I even said f-that car and put THAT one on the back burner!

I ended up starting to fix peoples cars for $$
one of my customers couldnt pay me so he gave me a civic 4-door as payment (had a bad clutch and the interrior was in need of love)

soo i put two weeks worth of work into it, and about $300 and traded it for a bmw 525i that had a remanufactured head and a bunch of new parts that had an overheating issue and was running rich and rough

turns out the new water pump he put in it was bad, and the distributer cap he was using was very worn. so i cleaned and tested all the managment sensors, cleaned and painted engine bits, cleaned and mended interrior stuff, and will be fixing the exhaust this weekend *cats were totally clogged, so im replacing with streight pipe*

SOOOOO,
now the mr2 is on ebay
and im working on a trade for a 12 second clean '85 omni GLH for either the supra how she sits now, or the bmw when i finish it *he hasnt made up his mind yet, apperntly his wife dosent want another pusher, but he loves the supra*

basically the game plan is to sell the bmw *if he dosnt trade for it*
wire up the MR2, if it dosent sell on ebay *48 hours to go and 12 watchers* so that way i dont have to push it around any more and it will be easier to off it as a running car.....
and
if the supra dosent go bye-bye by winter i think im going to get a cage for it, a welded cressida rear end, cut the springs :( , get a roll controle, hydrolic hand brake, and some beefy sway bars and turn it into a drift car .
as i nolonger need a dialy driver *traded my busted up minivan for a great condition cavilier* I might as well turn it into a toy car and have some fun with it...

at least thats the game plan for THIS week!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, you do look like you have your hands full! Got called back to work and have been so busy everything seems to fall by the wayside. I do appreciate the offer for help, thank you, I just might need it someday if the offer still stands. Hoping to pick up another DD soon so the supra can finally get parked and underway with what I have been wanting to do all these years! (originally intended as a drifter, seeing as how I used to live in the Smokies!) Seems like every spare moment I have I stand out in the driveway, stare at the car, and just think of all the things I would love to do.
Following your posts, I am truly amazed at the time and dedication you have spent on yours. Very inspirational, trust me, anytime I get down because I cant start from the ground up on mine (yet) I get to look your pics and live vicariously thru you! I want to thank you for all the time you have spent and ideas you have given me along the way. Thanks again!
I have a cousin that lives in Warren (8mile and mound) that has an orange GLH modded to hell and back. He always says he wants to get rid of it! T2 intercooled, super 60 parts, rear discs. Crazy little car!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Damn...after all that reading of this thread, you might be selling the damn car? What a let-down...I wanted to see this thing finished and running! I really hope you keep it cuz you have put some amazing work into this car, and could be one of the coolest MKII Supras the world has ever seen!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I ran across this build thread when researching ideas and tips to relocate my fuse box to the trunk. Wow this looked like am incredible build and includes many of the things I'm doing to my car. There seemed to be great progress and then the guy got busy with other projects and then sort of stopped. Does anyone know if this build ever completed? 9 years later but you never know

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

321 - 330 of 330 Posts