Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys selling my 84, I am posting it here first i rather sell it to a Cs family member first before i sell it to a stranger at least i know she will be taken care of. Well here it goes..

Ok, here's the list starting from the block, internals and head.
-Block was hot tanked and hand cleaned, bored ".020 over, milled to <20ra for MLS (".008 removed), crank was boiled, polished and mic'd, rods were cleaned torqued and mic'd. PtoW clearance ".002 (consulted mfg as well as engine builder @ LCEngineering)
-Pistons are hypereutectic coated, made by Safety with chrome Hastings rings.
-All bearings are stock from Mark @ Vancouver Toyota.
-All bearings were plastigauged to check clearances within specs
-Complete VFOB job (valves reground-tip height corrected- as well as seats). Reassembled by machine shop with new valve seals and resurfaced to <20a for MLS (".010 removed)

-OEM bearings
-Titan 1.4mm MHG
-ARPs
-Stock exhaust manifold ceramic coated
- injectors cleaned, tested, new seals, new plugs w/pigtails from Driftmotion
-80A rebuilt Lexus alternator
-Valve covers and intake plenum powder coated black & polished
-Doug thorley headers
-RC intake
-Moddied afm
-Full wire tuck
-Griffin rad
-Griffin ele fans
-RC 3" exhaust (not installed) 2.5 installed
-Freshly painted
-17" centerlines
-rear jdm vents
-XX B pillar badge
-Custom door pods
-Stainless clutch line
-Kyb
-KAMINARI kit
-Shaved handles
-New fuel pump
-Two tone interior black/burgundy in perfect shape no fading or cracking
-No ac or heat
-New clutch
-Complete led up grade cluster,dome,trunk,doors,stop,turn,park,plate light
-Total miles on rebuild is 105 miles

Will post pics of the interior asap.Asking $7000 you can call me at 1-347-277-3269 if you have any other questions

build thread

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?59702-freshly-painted-84&highlight

Reactions: '82supra

· Registered
4,275 Posts
Hey Joe, you leaving us? Say it ain't so. BTW, love the build pics.
Omkar

· Registered
515 Posts
Joe's a straight up dude...Buy with confidence. Sad to see you letting it go, but hope it stays in the family.

· Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ Omkar just for a bit my fellow x new Yorker looking to pick up some new real estate but along the way I might pick up something..wink wink lol

@ ronni thanks bro for the words, and I to hope that a family member buys it but don't worry I will give you and Sam 1st crack at my little stash I have

· Registered
209 Posts
Daaam wish you would have posted this a week ago. lol your set up would have been for sale, My set up would have taken it's place. Not saying that my set up is better than your. but I loved the way mine felt when I step on the little pedal. it would have been a great marriage. your car looks amazing love the color & the spoiler setup reminds me when I was growing up in Washington heights. in 85 I use to see those supra with the body kits love it. best wishes with your sale. Remi

· Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why Frankie because you would not sell me your wing lololol

· Registered
88 Posts
Why do people BONDO their body kits to the car?! :throwup: These aren't Civics you know...
Celipra, first of all its not bondo... Bondo is a brand name and only amateurs use bondo or refer to body filler as bondo. Those of us who have taken the time to mold our kits in, do it for the overall clean lines we get as compared to a "civic" person who screws or bolts theirs on without any regard for the overall look. Just for the record, I used Mar-glass as compared to your amateurish "bondo"... get a clue dude!

· Registered
916 Posts
First and foremost, you don't know it's not Bondo, as you weren't the one that did the work. Secondly, Bondo is the most famous body filler out there. It's so famous that Bondo has become synonymous with body filler, similar in the way the word Weedwacker(a Craftsman trademark) has become synonymous with string trimmer. MAYBE it would look a little better with the sunshade, mirrors, and the front bumper painted black, the way they came from the factory, but the way it is looks horrible in my opinion(especially with chrome rims). By the way, are you aware that mk2 Celica Supra P-Types came with BOLT ON fender flares? In regards to your last statement, in which isle at Walmart should one expect to find this thing you call a "clue," and why should it be obtained? :sarcasm:
Nobody asked for your opinion as to how it looks, as your obviously not buying it. IMO, you need to stop polluting a FOR SALE thread of a very good guy who happens to be a tremendous contributor to this forum. So whether its Bondo or body filler, who really cares? If you have no intentions on buying the car, keep your childish, ignorant opinions to yourself and consider becoming an actual contributor to this forum.

· Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
pics of the interior

last pic is of tiny peel on drivers bolster
Also have black dash going with car also

· Registered
1,160 Posts
It's a forum. Expect people to give opinions without being asked. I'm sure the seller's a great guy and he seems to have taken care of the car, but my opinion was about the car's exterior appearance only and shouldn't be taken personally. Whether my opinions are "childish" and "ignorant" is purely subjective, but consider this, if I installed a 5 foot aluminum wing, an Autozone tape-on hood scoop, painted my car neon green, put flame graphics on it, and made a for sale ad with an asking price of $7000, I'm sure I would get more than a couple negative opinions. Also, consider that many times in the past, nearly mint mk2 supras have gone for around 7k. I think the asking price is way too high. I apologize if I offended the seller, but remember it's only an opinion and shouldn't be taken to heart.
LOL!!!! Dont those autozone hood scoops add 50 hp per scoop??? LOL. sorry

1 - 20 of 29 Posts