Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So let me first begin by introducing my 84, this is Ron Burgundy. I snagged him in awesome condition off Craigslist a few months back. He has been my pride and joy..

Notice that he looks dirty.. And think, why?

This is why:

Flood came and took my house and drowned Ron. The water got higher than the picture.. that was taken when i was still walking around in the water (waste deep at that time). Went past my windows.

So long story short, my mint 84 is no longer mint. I am getting a little money from the insurance company - but still. I was lucky to find out after the inspection, after trying to jump the car out of curiousity, everything works.. All the electronics and everything.. but the engine is done. So I was planning on a swap from day one, now it just happens a lot sooner than expected.

Shame to lose alot of my interior though - was super clean..

DAY ONE :

Ripped the carpets and seats out

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Oh god that blows. I barely avoided getting hurt. What part of Atlanta do you live in? Might have to look you up next time I'm out that way. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone has a 5MGE for sale - just so i can get him running again (my daily driver) please let me know. Also interested in others.

Any comments, advice, help or anything is appreciated. Going to turn this into something sick - have a lot of sick ideas planned to make Ron something to be classy about.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Check the local junkyards. There are a few cressidas(5mge) at pullaparts in the atlanta area.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Dang! Sorry about the flood... That's too bad about Ron Burgundy but at least it looks like you'll be able to get him back on the road. Good luck finding the time along with everything else that needs to be done!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Insurance check came today - time to do some work. In need of a 5MGE for now, just to get him back on the road for awhile - then ill do the 1JZ swap when i can do the whole thing, not just ghetty rigging shit to make it work.

·
Registered
401 Posts
So sorry to see your baby done that way. I feel your pain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts