Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

161 - 180 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
That for sure is accurate. I might go ahead and swap em out, we'll see how stubborn the ones on my parts car are... I found a good source on amazon using part number found on rockauto, i have prime membership so it'll be here before my big push this weekend to finish it up. I've been pluggin away at cleaning things an hour at a time by myself, this thing is just so dang ole oily.

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Yeah, one of the less-than-glamorous jobs we all have to do.

When I installed my new power steering hoses I took the entire rigid/flex line assembly off the car and scrubbed it in a huge plastic tray I had with a can of Gunk, a stiff bristled brush, and several pairs of HF 'rubber gloves'.

Took me all day to get it off the car and scrubbed clean, but I'm pretty slow these days.

·
Whistles
1,056 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
@gamble - Yours is an 84, right? How come no sunshade? I thought all P-types had them?
BTW...I really enjoy reading your build thread. Now that we're settled and I'm back to working on the car (in my first real garage in over 30 years!) I've been going through all the build threads to get ideas and stuff.

- Jim

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Apparently US Ptypes in 84 with leather interior were without sunshade.
Strange decision from the US importer.
This was not the case up here in Canada.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
No sunshade because i couldn't bear to drill holes in the carbon fiber hatch. The OEM hatch has the shade, and i do miss it at times.

Luckily the bluepra has oem hood and hatch, so i can keep the white one sort of wild and weird lookin. Sure has come a long way though...

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Thanks, Jocelyn

I remember there were some strange choices made by somebody regarding things like what else did or didn't come with leather.

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Got it, gamble. I forgot you had a CF hatch as well as a hood.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #169 (Edited)
Finally got my rear coilovers in from T3 for the black friday special, they never did ask me what spring rate i wanted and sent me 325lbs/inch, trying to figure out what rate to run to go with my 350lb/inch fronts. I'm running old 199lb ST rears and they seem great for me, but the fulcrum is slightly different than the stock springs so i'm wondering what spring equivalent to rock...
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hyc-187b0325
https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/ma60/rear-coilover-conversion-ma60-supra

Anyone running rear coilovers or good at suspension maths have advice?

It looks like the standard Stance spring rates are 9k/mm front and 5kg/mm rear, which equates to ~504 inch lbs front and ~280 inch lbs rear.
https://raptorracing.com/toyota/1982-1986-mkii-supra/mkii-suspension/stance-coilovers-mk2-supra?zenid=48c9e7c57c70d09ab60a48243eed6562

I was previously at 450lbs/inch front and 300lb/inch rear, now at 350/200 which is close to the same ratio of front being 50% stiffer than rear. I can send these back and get em swapped out for anything from 150-400lbs with 25lb increments, just trying to figure out what to roll with... Found some info on Swift springs that they offer as an upgrade option, looks to be a bit lighter and more accurate throughout their stroke than any other brands right now, though Hypercos are also used by race teams all over. I could upgrade to swifts, just not sure if i will or not.
https://forum.miata.net/vb/archive/index.php/t-603464.html

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Yeah if you are sticking with 350s up front, which is a little soft for regular Autox but a decent compromise for a car that sees a lot of road miles, I would keep that ratio. So probably 200 to 250lbs. The higher back there, the more oversteer. Whats your sway bar arrangement? I have adjustable Whitelines set at full soft out back so I can stiffen it up if I ever manage to actually introduce understeer. But cut Eibachs currently, so probably like 250lbs and 500lbs up front and my balance is great on course. But my rear camber is still not fixed so I'm giving up some grip there in the back. Might try turning up that bar once I fix the camber (one day, had the parts for years).

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Took my car to a local place called ROC studios that was having a last weekend before going out of business deal. I hadn't touched the paint except for a quick detail when i first took custody of the car when I started this thread. I got used to the paint fading as the days went by just from contamination like pollen and dirt, and didn't realize how bad it had gotten... Spent a few days with a friend and a DA polisher, some chemical guys products, and she came out great.

Here is the final result, and a full album if you want to see more:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BdqtZ7w3CzqESAQy5

·
Whistles
1,056 Posts
Stellar job! Gorgeous example.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Looking good dude. The car and the beard. Does your car have the original paint? Minus the hood of course.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Yep, original paint except one of the flares was repainted at some point. Going to get that redone in the near future I think, it's the one part of the car that really bugs me.

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Sweet car, gamble!

One of my favorite cars here.

- Jim

·
Founding Member
6,424 Posts
Do I remember right that the solid colors on the mk2 were single stage, no clearcoat?

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
My white '85 is that way. I think there's an advisory about the paint in the owner's manual, but don't recall the exact wording.

161 - 180 of 191 Posts