Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this in Febuary 2020 and have been collecting parts. I still don't know what I am missing and what doesn't work. Do to so many "honey do" projects it gets pushed to the back burner. The engine was partly torn down and parts stuffed in the trunk. The sun roof lead so the previous owner siliconed it shut after the seat was destroved. I have alot of work ahead of me.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi and welcome. I'm fairly new here myself and definitely a beginner Supra owner (at 55 years old). I'm I'm a similar boat as you. Bought my '83 off the internet, lots of rust and wasn't running, etc. But, I will tell you there's a lot of good folks here that will help you a lot! And you're gonna need manuals if you don't already have them! Either paper or digital. Best of luck with the car!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
The electronic wiring diagram is available to download in my signature.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Welcome man. Lots of great archives here.
Hit up raptor racing for parts.
Enjoy the company here. It’s an awesome community

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you All. I will definitely be looking for help on this one. There is no telling what electrical "opportunities" I'll find along the way.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
If that's for '83 could I snag it also, RedP85?? I have the 82 version, but very different.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Sorry, it' s for 85+.
There is some circuits that should be the same as 83, but it would be difficult to list them.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome to the group. As was said, there is a lot of info already stored in the archives, so don't hesitate to use the "search community" function. Also, how about letting us know where you are located. Could have someone nearby that has answers to questions as well as a local salvage yard source of used parts.

As of a few years ago the side molding was available for the doors aft. The two sections ahead of the doors was NLA, but since you have a P-type, you can order two sets of the molding for the rear quarters, and cut it down to fit on the front. The cut ends would be hidden behind the wheel well flares.

You don't say where you are or what climate the car lived in. Judging from the condition of the dash, I'm going to say a dry, warm climate that could help in the rust area, but really hurts the interior! Hope you can find a good dash; that could be the hardest part of the whole job.

I have an '84 wiring diagram book. If there is any particular system that you are in need of, send me a PM and I can scan it and email to you.

Good Luck,

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts