1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Founding Member
6,366 Posts
Same asking price it was posted on craigslist.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
He did say I da ho so it was probably his pimp bidding.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys, hard for me to believe to. But there was no shill bidding as this was a buy it now sale. No auction. We’ll see if it comes back on in a few days. A lot of ebay sales never follow thru. Hope it holds up for the seller.
Luck to all

·
Registered
142 Posts
that's good for me maybe some time I can sell mine for good money.

·
Founding Member
6,366 Posts
For those of us on this forum who already own one, we would like to see values rise like what the Baby Boomers did to C2 Corvettes and nearly everything else from the 1960s. I for one hope my mk2 will someday help cover the difference in cost between a nice nursing home and one of those you read horror stories about, at least a few months worth anyway. ;) But that's another 25 - 30 years away. For now, we still have to wail till the guys who graduated high school in 1984 finish paying off their mortgages, get their own adult kids to start taking care of themselves and be able to retire with time and money to play with. Unfortunately, that too is still another 15-20 years away.

·
Super Moderator
8,312 Posts
Unfortunately you missed out since it's the 90s cars that are hot.

·
Founding Member
6,366 Posts
You are supposed to be helping us out by talking up the mk2 Supra, promoting them to everyone at every chance you get, not telling people to put their money in 90s cars. Yes, the technology had advanced and the horsepower wars were back on by the mid 90s. Sure, there were many significant cars that came out the 90s like the Integra Type R and savvy collectors are already snapping them up, but it doesn't diminish the mk2 at all.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
That was on my local craigslist, same town. I almost shared the link here, but the price was too crazy so I just let it be. Asking 24K originally.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Guys, ok so too good to be true. The car is back on ebay, still asking 21k. So the sale fell through, or was some kind of game of sorts. Don’t know what anyone gets out of playing these games on ebay, but I see it a lot.
Luck to all.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
I think he's saying the 80s cars are still somewhat overlooked and the 90s ones are possibly over priced now ;)

I think 20k could become the norm in the relatively near future for a car in this condition and milage. Many of us have learned by this point that thats about what it costs to restore one to that level.

This particular car does have a pretty nice and rare set of options. Too bad it didn't have the ultra rare clear Supra wing :naughty: Its the right year and color to have gotten it.

·
Registered
13,100 Posts
Hi Guys, ok so too good to be true. The car is back on ebay, still asking 21k. So the sale fell through, or was some kind of game of sorts. Don’t know what anyone gets out of playing these games on ebay, but I see it a lot.
Luck to all.
...the same thing people get by posting obvious game-playing listings while listing their own car?

--billyM

·
Registered
269 Posts
Anyone know where to get the keyless entry mod that he mentions in the ad? I also want to install a motor on my lift back so it goes up and down at the touch of a button like my Sorento's hatch! Well, that's not gonna happen, but I would be interested in the keyless entry it if is not to far off the scale money wise. Maybe I'll check Metra Axxess..........

I just looked and couldn't find the listing. Perhaps it is sold again? 21 large does seem like a lot, but it is relatively low mileage and apparently rust free, as well as a 5-speed and leather. And yes, if you do a bare metal re-spray, new interior, and fresh engine overhaul, along with various other new trim pieces and what-not, you are probably gonna come close if not over that amount.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts