1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,263 Posts
Sure doesn't look like its in very good shape

·
Registered
514 Posts
the steering wheel is very faded and looking bad and i don't think that color combo is even available from factory blue with Grey interior?plus for 12500 the car should be mint in and out the rear bumper has a scratch i would not pay 12500 for it from what I'm seen

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think that's actually a bumper sticker on the back perhaps??? Doesn't look too shabby, but if it really had 8000 miles and had sat "been stored" for 20 years, you'd expect it to clean up a little better? Pics are grainy, so it's hard to really tell.

·
Registered
209 Posts
the steering wheel is very faded and looking bad and i don't think that color combo is even available from factory blue with Grey interior?plus for 12500 the car should be mint in and out the rear bumper has a scratch i would not pay 12500 for it from what I'm seen
You should do some research, actually it is I have an 84 p-type that looks identical to that one...... same interior, outer color, everything.. the only thing is my has 330k more than that one

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm in the area, and wouldn't mind seeing this thing. If I have time this weekend I'll try to set it up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well, I asked him if I could come look at it, and take some high res pics for the Supra community to enjoy. Here's the response I got: "sorry i have a deposit on it and took it home for safe keeping thanks for your intrest".

Sounds like BS to me. I don't see that car taking 1 day to sell with the bad pics he took. His email address came back as dialapart. Sounds a lot like what a junk yards email address would be.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Funny, I just called him and told him I am no where close to Florida and I would like to see better pictures. He said sure and he is going to email them to me by tomorrow sometime. Notice the price has been re-listed from 12.5 to 11k???

His story...he works for a salvage yard/company the tows and transports donated cars. Apparently a "snowbird" who has a place up north and one down in Forida decided this car had to go because he stopped going down there. So this company goes and picks it up, it's under a cover when they get there, they roll it onto a trailer, suck the old gas out, put new gas in and it starts right up.

Guy says the car is totally mint and the steering wheel has a cover on it, that's why it looks cracked. He says all the interior is mint and it has been in a garage, we'll see when he sends me photos.

Perhaps he is interested in talking to me because I am not local???

·
Registered
130 Posts
Or he's pulling a scam, and doesn't really have the car. One of those "send me a money order and I'll ship it to you" deals.

·
Registered
599 Posts
hmmmmmmm, sounds a little fishy to me from the first contact...eric had a bit more luck with the guy !! Post up those photo's if you get them.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Or he's pulling a scam, and doesn't really have the car. One of those "send me a money order and I'll ship it to you" deals.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe I should tell him I need $1k to get $15k out of my bank in Nigeria and I'll pay $14k for it if he can front me :)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
You should do some research, actually it is I have an 84 p-type that looks identical to that one...... same interior, outer color, everything.. the only thing is my has 330k more than that one
^^^ Agree, I had the same color scheme on my '84 p too, and BTW the sun shade was an option when you got the leather interior.

Offer looks fishy to me too. If it was such a low mileage car I'd post better pics.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts