Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can personally vouch for this car. The interior is near mint, carpets look BRAND NEW. The 6m pulls strong and hard.
It is missing the rocker panels, but I have a set of repairable panels that I'll throw in if any potential buyers want them.
Clean car, worth every penny.

Edit: Also have a spare AC belt I'll throw in.

A few pics I took before the snow fell:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
You guys a nuts for driving that car in the snow. RWD in MN snow is not the best. I used to live there. Just hope you don't have to drive that in 2+ ft of snow.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
You'd be surprised what a set of 195/70R14 snow tires can do for a Supra in snow. ;)

There was a good SDR fender for that car at the Rosemount U-Pull-It yard, but I don't know if the car was crushed yet. It isn't on the inventory list anymore, and it was only a couple of rows away from being crushed 2 weeks ago.

By the way Muggs, I believe I have you to thank for removing the transmission from said car at said yard. Really, you made it a LOT easier for me to pull the engine! Thank you. :D

3 reasons it's not selling:

1) Sports car in the winter=very low interest right now.

2) Economy - Christmas is over, everyone's broke, economy is still in the dumpster. Wait 'til tax time/spring. :)

3) Rust - those rockers are not solid, and will need restructuring work. Rear lower qtr. panels that rusty? Will bring down value. Rear quarter windows leaking, causing the rust?

Just trying to help point out problem areas. Maybe wait until spring/early summer, and try posting again? That's what I'm gonna do with mine (after I finish fixing some issues).

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Snowpra :)

Back in the late 90s there was a really nice 85 SDR ptype automatic that was rolled in the junkyard next to Summerland on the east side of St. Cloud. (Internal thought...god, it's been 10 years?!?)

I've torn through a lot of snow in MK2s back in the great white north. Never got stuck! Close though many times :)

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bump. Very solid car, not in a rush to sell so i will wait for the right price. I will be happy with $2600-$3000

·
Registered
111 Posts
What's an SDR? I'm drawing a blank.

Is that some rust on the RF fender crease near the headlight? Hard to see in pic.

So what's the headlight video showing? I didn't hear or see any commentary, but it looks like an electrical issue linking the headlight function with the radio, right?

This car is interesting. I'm uneasy about the structural rust, though. It looks to me like the kind of car to drive the fun out of for a year and then either sell it or deal with the rust.

How far is "Minnesota" from Minneapolis?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What's an SDR? I'm drawing a blank.

Is that some rust on the RF fender crease near the headlight? Hard to see in pic.

So what's the headlight video showing? I didn't hear or see any commentary, but it looks like an electrical issue linking the headlight function with the radio, right?

This car is interesting. I'm uneasy about the structural rust, though. It looks to me like the kind of car to drive the fun out of for a year and then either sell it or deal with the rust.

How far is "Minnesota" from Minneapolis?
There is no rust on the crease by the headlights, there is only a little surface rust on the fender, a new fender would fix it completely. I will post up pictures of it tomorrow if you are interested.

The headlights are easier to show than explain, but as long as the cd deck is in place and not taken out, the headlights will light up every time. If the cd deck is in, and you light up the headlights, it will still shine if you take out the deck. However, it will not light up if you take out the deck before starting the car. It was never a problem to me, it was a minor issue because i just leave the deck in all the time, not a big problem.

The only rust is the lower rockers, sunroof, and gas door, and surface rust on the fender that was dented. Other than that, this car is a beauty.

I live 15 minutes from minneapolis.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts