Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

85 celica supra base model w/ 180k miles for 3k

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  RedP85 
#1 ·
Im new to the supra celica market and want to know if this is a decent deal I would like to 1 jz swap down the road. I can put craigslist link if needed. Thanks!

#3 ·
If no rust, no prior accidents, decent interior than I would say $3k is fair but do try to negotiate after your due diligence. Is it a P-Type?

Post the link to satisfy some curious minds.

#7 ·
Its also unlikely one could buy a restorable mk2 for $3,000, or at least the typical $3,000 Supra is pretty well used up and needs dozens of replacement parts that are no longer available. So whether its a good deal or not depends on the intended purpose. If its just going to be a track rat that doesn't have to look good and will adapt a bunch of aftermarket parts anyway, then $3,000 may be a good deal. But if the hope includes to also try to make it look good again and show it off, then it'd be better to spend twice or three times as much for a Supra in better condition to start with.

#9 ·
'Base' model probably means L type.
I've read many times here and fb of people buying some decent ones for less than 2K. I guess some sellers arn't too aware of the potential value.
So yes, this could be a good buy. But a link to a detailled ad would help having a better opinion!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.