Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://s803.photobucket.com/home/atmosphere414
i have tried to post pictures of my car and it is given me a headache but my photo bucket address is there.
http://forums.celicasupra.com/images/smilies/mymk22.gif
i bought my first car in june of 09 it was a 85 p type celica supra with 180xxx
and previous owner ran the engine into the ground about 1/3 of the radiator was gone there was maybe 1 cup of coolant and the oil was low and black like it just came out the ground the engine also had a spun bearing #1 piston so i pulled the engine then tried figuring out what motor to put in my budget would not allow for jz engines but possibly 7m 6m but my luck when i was looking for a new car i found a cressida with a running smooth 5m and was able to get it for 390 dollars so pretty cheap. i have my new pilot bearing fuel filter and some fluids and knowledge from cs.com thank you and this weekend i will pull the automatic cressida engine and get photos of that bolt up my flywheel clutch pilot bearing hook trans up and drop it in the supra and begin hooking every thing back up but i will keep pictures posted:mymk22:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pulled the engine out of the cressida and just got it bolted down today and started to hook up vacum hoses and other things but still wondering if it will start engine ran fine before swap hopefully all goes good and it starts tomorrow

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

yeah when i put the 85 manual ecu wiring harness on i removed intake manifold put new gaskets and manual throttle body on i also removed distributer and i put it back in wrong so when i went to start it it was backfiring and not starting but then i pulled spark plug and put a straw in #1 cylinder tdc put the rotor on #! put plug in and gaver hell and it started no problem i was was stoked
ran fine but was loud only have exhaust manifold and down pipe no cat sounds like a tractor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts