·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a filler neck for the fuel tank for a buddy down here. thanx yall

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I'd check your local salvage yards. May have to drop the tank, and soak the screws with pb blaster though "which is no biggie" I got one cheap that way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have one I got from Kevin Kisseberth but no longer need (85). After all I installed your 84 version in my 83 and got another 82 (perfect fit) from Supradad as a future spare or possible restore to original. The 85 has some rust but seems pretty usable. Let me know if interested $35 plus shipping to TX which should come out to around $50 total.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol thats pretty funny!!!! what are the odds of the man i sold a neck to to turn around and offer me one back. hahaha yea let me ask the dude and i will get back to you tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Saw you post and it seems you're not finding it. If nothing comes through, PM me and I'll dig through my storage. I might have a good one.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The '85 / '86 filler neck is different.

As I saw when checking for the '83 match, all the filler necks from '79 through to the '83 were the same.
The '85 / early '86 mk2 filler necks were solid and attached to the tank with the ring of screws & rubber gasket.
The design of the tube shows a solid accordion shape form at the tank side.
The earlier necks have a rubber hose and 2 clamps connecting neck to tank.
It looks like it's designed to be a saftey thing to prevent it pulling loose and spilling fuel in the event of an impact.
I didn't look at my '84 so I'm not sure what design that year used.
Going from the tank to the cap.. Get it all.
The necks all looked to be the same lenght and should interchange without problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts