Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continuing with the summer build project I have now purchased an 85 hatch with the twin spoiler :D And as a bonus it is white so I can install with out painting (at least for now). This has been a good week for the car. two piece intake, triangulated strut bar and now this! I am going to be styling at the Sonic Fun Run on the 22nd :D

-Wil

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well that was easy. The new hatch went on with out a hitch and it closes better than the old one. I miss the sunshade spoiler though :cry:

My wife likes the stock supra sticker that came on the new hatch-the old one didnt have one so I bought a MK4 emblem and installed that. Now she wants to stay with the 85 sticker and I want to use the MK4 emblem (I paid 20US for it :!: )
So we will see who wins :roll:

Took the car out to "try" thr hatch and found out that it has cured 90% of my cars rattles and squeaks. the old rusty hatch was making quite a racket.

-Wil

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yep, my old hatch was quite horribly rusted and made LOTS of noise. I picked up a dual-spoiler one from an 85, but unfortunately I wasnt luckey enought to get a matching white one (silver, so it could be worse i guess) How much was yours, if I might ask?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was only 75.00Canadian! It was in the bargainfinder for along time but I didnt have the money till Tuesday. Luckily it was still there :D

-Wil

·
Registered
793 Posts
Not bad! I paid $200us for mine, and it didnt match the car!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hmm that makes for a kinda unique setup with the different body styles mixed kina cool.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep perfect fit and just got a key made for it. The small upper spoiler is growing on me and I dont know if I will swap the 82 large upper anymore.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have seen a couple cars where they attached the older spoier to the 85 hatch and I personally think it looks ugly. I think it is just too much for the look of the car. there are already so many dramitic lines on the car that olmost anything to it looks like too much. But that is just my opinion.......

Have a good weekend all,

Sean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts