Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
hmmmmm, doesn't look like it takes much to own it. BIN @ US $4,950.00 ? guy can't give that thing away...offer $1500.00

They look the part. They sound the part. They should be amazing. But they're crap

"These cars could have been one of the all time greats, if Maserati bothered to built them right. Instead they were very badly put together and the electrics were a nightmare and so was the rust proofing. It had all the right ingredients but the cook was bad... It could have been a sort of Italian super luxurious E30 M3, but they failed in the end. Such a shame... "

·
Registered
304 Posts
Perfect car if you're a masochist. They have a well-earned reputation for spontaneous combustion too -- a lot of them went 'poof' within the first 30k miles. They always sell for cheap, because anyone who knows about them doesn't want them.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but, run, run away fast, run for your life!

Too bad really, because I always liked their angular Italian style too.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
dont really care for it. kinda ugly. the front doesnt look bad but that interior is a big turn off for me.

·
Registered
885 Posts
cody,
you buy that car and i will drive to your house or work and beat the dog shit out of you ;)

I wouldn't drive that car to a shit fight. I have a buddy that collects these and he will tell you they are turds. He has 3 or 4 and only one runs. This is coming from a guy that has a lambo countach and and old ferrari 308 so he is not a junk collector.

If you just want to burn money then I will give you my paypal and I can assist you with that too!

dont make me drive up there boy!

mike

·
Registered
326 Posts
one of the best top gear episodes involves the three hosts getting aged italian supercars.
I think jeremy ended up purchasing a masarati, richard gets a old ferrari, and james a lambo.
Classic top gear, and does a great job of weaning you off silly car purchases.
( the exploding engine is classic )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWAaQGSbmho

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I think the Maserati name is cool, but too much trouble to operate. Great "Top Gear" link - watched all 4 parts - makes our cars a great deal, and very sensible.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not getting the car. I thought it looked cool, and thought maybe someone would share the same opinion as me. I see that I'm the odd one out on this one.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Put a 1uz in it, harness and all, and be done with it. The non-cognisci will still be impressed by the symbol.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm not getting the car. I thought it looked cool, and thought maybe someone would share the same opinion as me. I see that I'm the odd one out on this one.
In my earlier post I did say I also liked the angular styling. It would be an awesome 3,000 lb. paperweight after it blew up!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
:ugh:Looks like a VW Fox with leather interior:SM130 (1):
185HP=:SM130 (1):
Engine bay looks like linguine marinara using black pasta:SM130 (1):

No thanks.

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
one of the best top gear episodes involves the three hosts getting aged italian supercars.
I think jeremy ended up purchasing a masarati, richard gets a old ferrari, and james a lambo.
Classic top gear, and does a great job of weaning you off silly car purchases.
( the exploding engine is classic )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWAaQGSbmho
hahaha i remember that episode. and Jeremy says the owner claims the "secret button" makes the car go faster, and he pushes it, and he's like OHHH YEAHHHHHHHH...FEEL THE DIFFERENCEEEE...

then the engine starts ticking :zzzzz:

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Carburetors and turbos...recipe for disaster. Believe it or not, I knew someone that daily drove one of these...kept it running for the whole year that he owned it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
You had to go there didn't you. I should have known you would go there. :duh:

On another note, I love the BiTurbo's but what can you do with a car that blows up and is still priced way too high? I always loved the 4 door Porte as well but ...
Thread save:

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
CeeJay - in I ever get to baller level, that will be my daily. I cant think of a better looking GT coupe on the market. I don't care if it *only* has 440hp ;)

*wakes up*

1 - 20 of 27 Posts