Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to the track earlier today i came across a nice 06/07 bentley continental gt on the highway. He was behind me at first, then passed me up and i heard the beautiful sound of the w12 engine as he roared right pass me. It was obvious that the guy wanted attention. I stay behind him at a good pace for about 10 minutes and when the highway completely opens up he guns it. Sweet Jesus that car sounded nice, but i thought i would move better. (I mean its got about 500hp and its qtr mile time is in the high 12's). So i get next to him as he slows down a bit and i give him a friendly nod to see if he wants to go and he give me a stupid look like "do you know what im driving"? So after a second nod we both floor it and i freakin walked him from through 4th and most of 5th. I keep going and my brother calls me up telling me that the bentley got pulled over by an unmarked police car! luckily i wasnt on the losing end or i would been pulled over... yikes :eek4dance: FYI, i dont like to race on the streets or highway, but a car like this i couldnt refuse!

after some searching, those bentley gt's are HEAVY. It was a good kill either way i guess...

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Talk about adding insult to injury - well in this case I guess it was injury to insult!

J, I am pretty sure you ruined that guy's entire day... LOL

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
So I guess the other question is whether or not the cop even noticed the old black Supra...

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He owns a Bently... he can afford a few tickets... GOOD WORK!! Was your brother following you to the track? Now he has a Vendetta against Supras!!
yup, my brother was following me in a s14 and there was a nx2000 w/a sr20det and a clean 92 sentra w/sr20de that was with us as well.... i had a friend of mine in the car to record it but the video completely sucks....

·
Registered
412 Posts
yup, my brother was following me in a s14 and there was a nx2000 w/a sr20det and a clean 92 sentra w/sr20de that was with us as well.... i had a friend of mine in the car to record it but the video completely sucks....
Post vid

Just cuz it has you screaming like a 10 year old fat kid for cake in it dont matter.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Awesome Kill!

I bet that guy won't be telling anyone exactly why he got pulled over. "... I just got spanked by this old Supra, then a cop..." If he tells the story he would probably add in a ,"but I let him win" (;), yeah right).

Poor guy. If the cop would not have pulled him over, I can imagine him catching up to you and giving you one of those "but mine is bigger than yours" looks. LOL

What track did you all go to. GLD is closed right.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wow, That is freaking awesome! This is why we picked the mk2 right here! You take a slightly newer but still 80s engine, slap it in a lighter car, have Maybe 10k into it, and you can spank a $170k car, with twice the cylinders! I looked at the specs on that car, 5320 lbs, 550 [email protected] rpm and 480 lb [email protected] That is a huge flat torque curve! It sounds like it was from a roll tho so the Bentleys AWD wasn't doing it much good, I wonder how it would've turned out from a dig?? I demand a rematch!! I'm sure he wants to try and prove his overpriced POS car worthy so he can sleep at night :laugh:
What does your car run in the quarter?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Heh Heh! Nicely done. He probably went home and instantly called his personal assistant and demanded his assistant replace this stupid Bentley with something faster.

After all it is the only way he can fix his destroyed ego!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Post vid

Just cuz it has you screaming like a 10 year old fat kid for cake in it dont matter.
i would have in a heartbeat but the video doesnt show any car. just shows the road ahead of me at 100+. i dont even think my brother has the video anymore.
btw, no screaming like a 10 yr old fat kid in the video. dont see where you got that from. kinda random if you ask me...

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, That is freaking awesome! This is why we picked the mk2 right here! You take a slightly newer but still 80s engine, slap it in a lighter car, have Maybe 10k into it, and you can spank a $170k car, with twice the cylinders! I looked at the specs on that car, 5320 lbs, 550 [email protected] rpm and 480 lb [email protected] That is a huge flat torque curve! It sounds like it was from a roll tho so the Bentleys AWD wasn't doing it much good, I wonder how it would've turned out from a dig?? I demand a rematch!! I'm sure he wants to try and prove his overpriced POS car worthy so he can sleep at night :laugh:
What does your car run in the quarter?
from a roll of course. qtr time is 13.5 no boost controller. creeped up to like 9psi during the run

1 - 13 of 13 Posts