Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thks jsn - Im looknig for stock. I actually want to revert back to a stock unit.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
If you cant find a complete working one, i have one that can be sent in to get working, the tape does not work, but I think the radio works. Let me know....

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
second in line after topshattaz

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Are a 5M and mint 14" P-Type wheels next?

Seriously, though, I love the way my stock unit looks, hate the way it functions.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never ever use the radio when I'm in the mk2. I prefer the stock look if Im not going to use it.

ps. still looking ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
I have a bunch but I'm not sure if any of the tape decks work reliably, the radios certainly do. Are you even going to use the tape deck? Its pretty hard to find originals that don't eat tapes these days.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
they eat tapes because the tractor gear cracks, I have 2 radios, and 3 gears out of 4 are cracked.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a bunch but I'm not sure if any of the tape decks work reliably, the radios certainly do. Are you even going to use the tape deck? Its pretty hard to find originals that don't eat tapes these days.
I can deal with that...as long as the face in minty. Please advise ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I can deal with that...as long as the face in minty. Please advise ;)
JUST FYI

Might want to verify exactly which design radio for an '85 you might want (then again, you may not care).

It seems a while back that (in one thread or another...forgot which it was) we determined there had actually been a slight radio design change *during* the '85 model year. Seems we compared photos of two *different* front panel designs, each from "1985" Supras. My '85 (March 85 manufacture date) has the radio with separate AM/FM, AM/ST, AM/BW buttons, whereas the prior version of the radio (which a another member stated was also out of a "85") had just two buttons in that same spot: AM/FM and a SENS button. I'm not sure when Toyota began using the (apparently) 'improved' radio design, but certainly by March, 1985.

Again, minor differences, but if you have a 'specific' one in mind, might want to specify.

Can others with '85 models state which radio version you have and your manufacture date? We might can get a better handle on when the switch occured. Then again, maybe no one cares....(not a big deal, for sure).

Earl

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Alrighty, I'll dig through what I get, test em to make sure the radio works, and then send you or post some pics and you can take your pick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts