Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need an oil pan for my 7mgte swap. Apparently it needs to be 85+ I'm also interested in an oil pump and pickup, though I may be able to modify the one from the 7m.
Thanks for any offers, Shipping would be to 96032. Please help me out I'm waiting on this part to start fitting the 7m and r154 in the bay and need the oil pan so I don't damage my rods and crank trying to see where I need to modify the tranny tunnel to fit the r154.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey guys, I need an oil pan for my 7mgte swap. Apparently it needs to be 85+ I'm also interested in an oil pump and pickup, though I may be able to modify the one from the 7m.
Thanks for any offers, Shipping would be to 96032. Please help me out I'm waiting on this part to start fitting the 7m and r154 in the bay and need the oil pan so I don't damage my rods and crank trying to see where I need to modify the tranny tunnel to fit the r154.
I have a 7mgte as well. I ended up sourcing the oil pan from a cressida as they are front sump which what our cars have too. So later 5m or 7mge cressy pan will work too. Just make sure it has a bung for the oil return or plan to weld one. Unless you plan to run an aftermarket oil cooler setup. I also bought a brand new aisin oil pump for for an 89 cressy from rockauto. There are not expensive and well worth piece of mind you're running brand new parts. You will also need the cross over hose from the pump to the other side of the block. Driftmotion sells a stainless braided an hose that works well. Or beech performance I think sells a hard line but it's expensive as hell.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,366 Posts
Aren't the 7M Cressidas the same oil pump internallyas Supra 7MGE which are shared with the early 5Ms? The EPC data seems to support this. The whole point in using the 85+ 5M pump is it's larger and similar to the larger 7MGTE pump. Seems like a lot of money to end up back where you started.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Aren't the 7M Cressidas the same oil pump internallyas Supra 7MGE which are shared with the early 5Ms? The EPC data seems to support this. The whole point in using the 85+ 5M pump is it's larger and similar to the larger 7MGTE pump. Seems like a lot of money to end up back where you started.
I got my info from post 5 here from Junkie. 7M Oil Pump 5M Oil Pan???

What we know now = 82-4 pumps are smaller than 85-8 5m front sump pumps. 7mge's for whatever godforsaken reason, in the MKIII, use the SMALLER pump also. 7mgte's have the same size pump as the 85+ 5m's. Cressida 7mge's, have the larger pumplike the later 5m's, and the 7mgte's.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,366 Posts
The Toyota EPC shows 7mges all having the early 5m gears. The 85+ cressida 5ms are the same pump though

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks guys, I havn't read about the cressida pan being a confirmed fit, just that it might work... I'll just get one of those and probably keep pump from my 7mgte in there and modify the pickup setup as needed. Thanks a bunch for the help!

·
Super Moderator
8,366 Posts
If you're going to modify the GTE pump why not just just use the early 5M oil pan? The only reason to use the later pan is that it fits the 85+ oil pump.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aww damnit, I thought the 7mgte had the same pump as the 85+ and I would need the 85+ pan to fit it. Anyways I just found a 91 cressida pan from a 7mge at a salvage yard, that will work right?

·
Registered
370 Posts
The Toyota EPC shows 7mges all having the early 5m gears. The 85+ cressida 5ms are the same pump though
You're right. I see that now. I suspect Junkie and the other old skool guys did a visual comparison and maybe they thought the gears were the same for the 7mge cressy and 85+ supra. Also, sounded like they did some other measurements and didn't notice a real difference between the two pumps. Anyway, I'm sending it with my setup. We'll see how it goes. If I were to do the swap again, I would just get the 85+ supra pump and oil pan to be on the safe side. But I'm too far into my build now to change out them out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts