Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 85 p-type and theinterior is completly stripped down except the wire harness structural brackets and mounting brackets.
i was thinking of getting a stock interior from a wrecker or somthing.
but then thought of making a custom interior (dash, door panels, ect.) and make it more of a track car than a resto.:ugh:

any thoughts on this or has anyone done somthing simillar?

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I have a complete blue interior from an '85. PM me if you want me to try shipping it to you...

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I have it all in boxes in the basement and garage. It'll be a little while before I can pull it all out and take photos! Not trying to avoid doing it but I have a business trip in the way...

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have it all in boxes in the basement and garage. It'll be a little while before I can pull it all out and take photos! Not trying to avoid doing it but I have a business trip in the way...
what condition is it in?

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
It was in my daily driver when the poor car got rear-ended and totaled. It's in pretty good shape. Chad PM'd me and he doesn't need the seats - just everything else. the rear side panels are cracked - it was Santa Fe. And I think the rear seat backs are a little faded from the sun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone else made interior panels instead of finding and buying the stock ones or anybody know of people that have done it?:sadbanana:

·
Registered
97 Posts
If it's just the vinyl on top that has split, and the rest of the panel is OK, I'm considering seeing what my local auto upholstery shop can do in replacing the vinyl. His prices have been decent - he's recovered 3 steering wheels, made a leather shifter cover, and did a super job replacing the center fabric on my front seats. I'm not sure if they might use a heat gun to soften the vinyl to help form it around odd corners and edges? Going the upholstery shop repair route seems the easy route and should cost less than a recreation/redesign.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
PM sent to Jeff re: rear seats in particular if Cramer isn't going that route.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts