Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, So I purchased a 85 Supra and it came with a 82 parts car, is there any differences in anything? Suspension engine parts ect…? I know the 82 has external fuel pump and different bumper lights but im talking mechanical things. I was going to strip the car so I can keep the parts for the 85 restoration but wanted to make sure things fit before doing so, Thanks,

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
I'll take a guess and say that ALL suspension parts are interchangeable.
Dash and console are different.The rest you know,already.
Body-wise,not sure about fenders and doors and glass.
The engine is a lower performance design than your '85.

The '82 igniter is a unicorn,IMO.
Please wait for experts to answer your questions.

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Distributor double vacuum advance only for '82
ECU is also different than the '85

With that said those parts are very desirable by '82 owners...I would put them up for sale in the parts for sale section...

·
Registered
7,009 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
85 Supra

Hey guys, So I purchased a 85 Supra and it came with a 82 parts car, is there any differences in anything? Suspension engine parts ect…? I know the 82 has external fuel pump and different bumper lights but im talking mechanical things. I was going to strip the car so I can keep the parts for the 85 restoration but wanted to make sure things fit before doing so, Thanks,
The 82 Supra was rated at 145hp. The 85 was rated at 161hp. The ECU was definitely different. Other than that I'm not sure. I don't know your location, or if you'd be interested, but I've got a rebuilt 85 Supra engine for sale for $850. I originally wanted to put it in my 1972 TVR, but the 2008 depression killed my savings and I no longer want to spend the money to do the conversion. It will need either new or a running engine's injectors. Also have a 108K mile tranny for $75. Located in Tulsa, OK. Also have a rebuilt 2.8 head for $75. 918-492-8130.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts