Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!

I finally bought a car I've been wanting for the past 35 years. . . a 1985 P-Type Supra (5-speed). Car has about 120,000 miles. In really good shape. Loving the car. But, having some trouble finding parts for it. Do you all have any good resources out there for parts? I'm located in Houston, Texas.

Thanks!
Mark

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts

·
Founding Member
6,228 Posts
Welcome neighbor. Seventeen years ago when we started our forum, it was mostly teenagers and young people discussing how to make their Supra go faster. Now, yours is becoming the most familiar story. We've pretty much covered how to make them go faster. Now you'll read lots of posts about where to find parts. Unfortunately, its no longer seventeen years ago. That's about when we cleared out Toyota's North American warehouses.

George at Raptor Racing in Canada has managed a few reproduction parts along with a few more go-fast goodies. Some people are still finding a few bits and pieces left in the warehouses in Japan, but the local Toyota dealers don't seem to have a line on ordering from Japan. You can try www.amayama.com. What I advise is to #1, post what you need in the wanted section of this forum and #2, log in here twice or three times daily and check the for sale section. We have situations occasionally where hoarders change their mind, maybe their health goes south and they won't be restoring their Supra after all. They post their items for sale here. But you've got to have the money ready to pounce because some "holy grail" parts will sell within literally minutes of being posted. I can only log in once a day and that's not frequent enough if you are looking to snag say a "black upper dash pad". These guys have beat me to at least a half dozen dash pads and I finally got a good one after 13 years of trying.

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
For aftermarket and performance related try Raptor Racing out of Canada, USA warehouse as well...

Classicgarage.com still carries some replacement parts and we get 10% off using "supragroup" in the discount code section, you have to search using "Celica Supra" "Supra" 5mge or 5m-ge at times

Lot of us use RockAuto.com and you can goggle their 5% off coupon from the web

1 - 8 of 8 Posts