Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Confusion as I didn't take pictures on where the fuel inject wiring harness ground connects to.

Does is attach to a bolt on the intakes between the front to intake pipes downward. Since we pulled the intake manifold I'm not sure where it attaches and there are no pictures anywhere.

Here are two links to videos I made. Thank you supra people.

supra fuel injector harness ground connection 1

Video number 2

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
That bolt where all the grounds for the fule injector come togather? Last time i did the intake I forgot to tighten that bolt down all the way and i gave me fits half way home... I remember needing a 10mm to tighten it down and that I could just barley get to it, but for the life of me can't seem to find that bolt now (as i'm looking at my supra now) I thought it was under the TB some where possibly near where the Plenum and lower intake runners come togather?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Hard to see, Junction of lower runners and plenum (top most bolt) inbetween intake runners 2&3, just to the left of the verticle plenum support bracket.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
396 Posts
Note that this ground is for ECU and various sensors. Injectors themselves are never connected to chassis ground (trace wires for injectors). Instead, they are conneted to +12v power full-time and ECU grounds other side to fire injectors. I've seen many mechanics fry ECU, injectors and harness by attaching ground side of injectors to chassis instead of letting ECU manage it.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Note that this ground is for ECU and various sensors. Injectors themselves are never connected to chassis ground (trace wires for injectors). Instead, they are conneted to +12v power full-time and ECU grounds other side to fire injectors. I've seen many mechanics fry ECU, injectors and harness by attaching ground side of injectors to chassis instead of letting ECU manage it.
You are correct, I meant to say the ground wires in the harness with the injector wiring, not the injector grounds themselves.

I believe we are looking at the wires in the picture below that are dangling in front of the #2 intake runner?

(pictures from installation stage July 2017)
Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Nut

(Pictures from removal stage July 2017)
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

another angle from removal stage
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Light

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Bumper

There you go. The brown and white wires attached to the bolt between the number 2 and 3 intake runners. The bolt attaches the upper and lower intake manifold.

Dale

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Wow Dale, spot on pictures! 👌

I would have tryed to clean that lug a bit before final assembly though (DeOxit, baking soda, filing..)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Wow Dale, spot on pictures! 👌

I would have tryed to clean that lug a bit before final assembly though (DeOxit, baking soda, filing..)
I'm embarrassed how bad the motor looks, but it's a 6MGE that I bought from Toysport West about 15 years ago 'just in case'.
I have it sitting on a dolly so I can move it around. It looks like it was stored outside before I bought it so it's pretty sad.
It's turned out to be useful to see how it was originally configured, so rather than cleaning it up I'm leaving it as is (Okay, okay, I'm also incredibly lazy and don't want to)

It's pretty hard to get pictures of things mounted down the side when the engine is installed in the car so I don't mind taking pictures off of this.

Dale

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is correct. I recently faced a problem where the engine wouldnt start and stall later.
I have a 1g gte but the system is similar, it doesnt really matter where you put this ground. Just place it where the wire is not taut, and make sure its a good ground. Just put your mulitimeter + on the batt + and put neg on the ground point you intend to use, if you get battery voltage, then its a good ground point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts