Hello, forum.
My name is Danil.
My project:
- 85 supra with welded engine mounts for the small block chevy
- LT1 from 92 Corvette
- T56
Will post images when I'm allowed to.

What have been done:
1. ordered Clutch Master Cylinder (1985-1987 Toyota Land Cruiser)
2. ordered Clutch Kit from Nopi
3. ordered wiring harness from psiconversion.com along with OBD2 PCM. The system will be converted to OBD2.

Questions:
1. should i use a different alternator bracket? the Corvette setup looks too wide
2. how should the steering rack be altered?
3. the car's been sitting for 8 years. What should I replace whiule I'm there? Steering rack, suspension bushings, hoses, brakes?

Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
The welded mounts are a big step in the right direction.
Steering rack, undo the 4 bolts in the middle and rotate 180 degs. You will need to run the pipe through the cross member and make your own pipe the rest of the way, there are fittings that can do this to an AN line.
The brake booster got in the way of my edlebrock shortly headers. went to a 7" dual diapraghm. Had to change the linkage for the brake pedal.
Shorty headers, I cut at about 2.5" OD, DR side has to jog around the steering shaft.
Custom master to slave clutch set-up.
New high flow fuel pump, might not be needed.
I have a T-56, new customer trans mount.
Have to cut a little of the shift housing back inside, and had to trim the ebrake back and custom shifter.
Cut and pounded in the firewall a little to get it back in far enough to clear the oil pan.
Had to adjust the gas pedal because of trans tunnel clearance.

I think a weekend is hard unless you have a few buddies that can machine and weld some things quickly. Wiring will be fun, make sure you have both cars diagrams ready to review and you have a plan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.