Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this 85 for 20 years and have not drove it in about 15. My son is 15 and want to give it to him. We are working on this together so he can appreciate it. I am in need of some parts. Fuel tank, 2 center caps, center console armrest, dash, driver side front fender flare. Located in Augusta Ga. Anyone out there that can help?

·
Founding Member
6,293 Posts
Welcome. Yes, if I were POTUS, all kids would get their first car the same way I did. My father towed home a wrecked car with a blown engine and said quote "Son, if you can fix it, you can drive it." But he made me go to the library (remember those?) to check out a repair manual and other books on how to diagnose and repair car problems so I could figure it all out for myself. He would kind of supervise a little just to make sure I didn't hurt myself, but otherwise he made me do it all. I had a summer job in the nursery section at a local home improvement store which enabled me to purchase a bumper, grill, fender and a junkyard motor and then get a "low budget" paint job. By the end of summer, I had my own car. Little did dad know that was the start of a lifelong car hobby. But even if I never picked up a wrench ever again, I learned enough about how cars work that I could change a flat, jumpstart a dead battery, replace a belt and it would be highly unlikely that any unscrupulous mechanic could ever take advantage and charge me for unnecessary work. But best of all, I drove it like a grandma. After spending all my waking hours for four months and every dime I earned unloading bags of maneur to build my own car while all of my friends were playing, there was no way I was going to take any unnecessary risks with it. Just be careful with this strategy. Mom didn't get to put her new Oldsmobile in the garage again until I went off to college. ;) I only wish my first car could have been a mk2 Supra, but they were brand new cars back then.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
I have 2 front fender flare, good condition---one white and one super dark red. $50 each but shipping will be very expensive. The dash and console arm rest probably impossible to find. PM me if you want a flare.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 2 front fender flare, good condition---one white and one super dark red. $50 each but shipping will be very expensive. The dash and console arm rest probably impossible to find. PM me if you want a flare.
Maybe when this Covid thing is over you could find out what shipping would be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had this 85 for 20 years and have not drove it in about 15. My son is 15 and want to give it to him. We are working on this together so he can appreciate it. I am in need of some parts. Fuel tank, 2 center caps, center console armrest, dash, driver side front fender flare. Located in Augusta Ga. Anyone out there that can help?
Outkast, I am located in Augusta as well, I have lots of parts, most engine bay, a little interior, including a spare center console.

·
Super Moderator
8,226 Posts
Let's hook up have a beer. Is there some way to private message on this site?
Click highlighted user name above and then "start conversation". Note that it is not very obvious when you get a PM now. I just get a little red dot over my icon on the upper right which doesn't jump out at you very much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts