Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I just took in an 86 celica supra. I am really happy to have the car because it has so much character!

This will be my first project car. It turns over, struggles to start but it turns on.. I really don't know what the problem is, I've been reading a lot of stuff in here for help. Right now the exhaust is basically cut from the end of the downpipe and I don't know if its misfiring or not because its too loud hahaha (its basically straight piped). Once it's "running" the idle seems to stay around 2000 rpm to 2400rpm. I don't really know what's been done to it. One of my friends said that its a misfire, it kinda sounds like a tractor tbh. I have a clip of how it sounds. I need as much help as possible! Never thought I'd be in one of these tbh! I'm really excited!

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
Welcome!
Whete in Canada? A Member might be near by!

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
A vacuum leak will cause a really high idle speed. Stick a muffler on the car so you can HEAR the engine.Make shift will do. Look for a vacuum leak with a propane bottle or(BE CAREFUL) with carburetor cleaner.Common for the intake tube to have failed-even a tiny crack in one of the vacuum hoses.Another way is to pinch off hoses that you can get to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts