Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Picked this up from Mike(Supra Newb) with a Rod knock. Slid a 5M into her, did a few other things, and shes back on the road again. Big Thanks to Bob(Talksoup AKA the E-thug) for letting me take over his garage for 3 weeks. To Mark(RA24man) for GIVING me his old 5M, when I called looking for an oil pump. To Shawn(SMP7mgte) for 5M parts, cause I never thought Id own one again....

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks really good Mike! Which Supra are you going to bring to the Kirkland meet this year?
Unfortunately, I cant keep both. I had planned to keep Silver car as playtoy/race car, but I lost the race against rust-Its getting parted out. Some pieces will live on in red car, but this car isnt getting the 7mgte/race suspension/big brakes, etc. It will be built for relaxed cruising at high speed. I miss Big-Blocks...

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Unfortunately, I cant keep both. I had planned to keep Silver car as playtoy/race car, but I lost the race against rust-Its getting parted out. Some pieces will live on in red car, but this car isnt getting the 7mgte/race suspension/big brakes, etc. It will be built for relaxed cruising at high speed. I miss Big-Blocks...
I maybe in the market, once I actually find work, for some of those parts.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vultures, LOLOLOLOLOLOL, Cough, Cough..Oh damn. Im looking at either parting it right away, if someone desires to use it as a donor, or late summer if not. The race tires are up for sale right now, Nitrous will be out tomorrow and posted for sale, and 7mgte swap package is being looked at locally.

·
Registered
218 Posts
hey mike if your parting out the silver car i might need the lower radiator support and a sway bar bracket for the drivers side. mine rusted off the lower core support and snapped off the frame. please pm me if you would do that if and when you part her out.

thanks!

oh and wanna sell the wheels on the silver car??? please??

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I saw the car last week when Mike was working on it. He isn't showing you the mess of wiring from multiple alarm and stereo installs that was under the dash. He pulled many pounds of wire out.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey mike if your parting out the silver car i might need the lower radiator support and a sway bar bracket for the drivers side. mine rusted off the lower core support and snapped off the frame. please pm me if you would do that if and when you part her out.

thanks!

oh and wanna sell the wheels on the silver car??? please??
Sorry, Dan, The Weds are never gonna be for sale. Thats them on the red car with painted centers. The silver car has a bad core support, there is a 2"x6" hole rusted thru the box section right above the bracket, and the bracket is pulling away, so I cant help you out there. Thats one of the reasons I bought this car-When they did the bodywork, they fixed/rustproofed that spot, among others.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
  • Marks "Oil Pump" all dressed up.
  • Shot of new v old paint.
  • Weds on Front of Car
  • And on Back

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
I'm interested in the brakes. Did you have the MPV rotors w/ 300zx calipers setup? I bought a pair of machined hubs about a year ago to fit the mpv's but never got the rotors and calipers.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive got plenty of fluid, its been flushed once already, prob need at least 1 more, and another wipe down of the inside. Kinda bad lighting, not as bad as picture shows, Dave. Thank You....I woulda had that done today, but I was told I couldnt by New Managers, who happened upon me working on car. Siggggghhhhhhhhhh........Ill have it done by Centralia Meet.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
  • Eagle 028s on the SDR....

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
  • Like this, Scott?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts