Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wow, Michael. So much has changed on your/my car, and Im just getting started, LOL...Wheels are all gone now, new ones coming next spring. along with more engine mods. Next time Im up north, i'll give you a ride-unless you will be at the Toy Ride?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would love to ride in it again! haven't been able to get on this site much lately, been busy dealing with the 240sx business. im looking to get back into a supra this summer tho!

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
  • New Shoes...Drag DR-27 16x8.25. 225/50-16. 25mm rear spacer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Supercharger? hmmmmmmmmmmm ....NICE WORK! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,344 Posts
Nice Mike! Yeah I'm thinking about a 16 inch upgrade too. Love my 15s but BFG GForce Sports are by far the best tires availble now in 225/50-15, lame! Tons available in 225 16 though, and that size doesn't appear to be on the decline.

So, I see a belt on the supercharger now. You running some boost out of it now? How's the fuel plan working out?

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Its running rich under boost-need to pull fuel. Im slowly backing out little gain screw on RRFPR. Still in the 10s on the AFRs under boost. Im being very careful, havent even cracked 3500 rpm under boost yet. At 3K, its producing 3 pounds. Barring belt slip, or other issues, It should produce 5-6 pounds at 4500 rpm or so. Theres a guy running an sc-14 on a 280z, who says he gets 5+ pounds at 4500, and thats where blower maxes out.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Dave-I relocated alternator in old A/C spot, swapped its pulley for a v-drive pulley, and am using old A/C tensioner/belt position. Theres a 7m p/s pump in old alternator spot, that also acts as blower belt tensioner, for now. Theres no doubt at all that this setup wont provide same power as any turbo setup with more than 6 pounds of boost-Its about driveability/lag/torque, and just showing it can be done with bolt-on parts. About the rims-I am suprised nobody else has put these on a MKII yet. I dont even have to run spacers for caliper clearance-A first for any wheel type yet for big rear RX-7 calipers. Upgrading to z32 front caliper/13 inch discs will be a piece of cake now.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Ah, memories! My first Supra was an 85 SDR -- manual with grey cloth interior. Nice Mike! Can't wait to see it at Centraila and PacNW Nationals!

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
  • Ive had several inquiries about accessory setup, and drive belt orientation. Heres a couple pics of relocated alternator, and 7m power steering pump.
  • Alternator uses 7m alt relocation bracket. Bottom mount point is under A/C tensioner braket. Top mount point is a hole drilled thru A/C tensioner bracket. Alternator shop swapped old ribbed pulley for v belt pulley for me. Wiring is just pulled over from stock location, just like a 7m swap. Im using A/C tensioner to tension belt.
  • 7m power steering pump where alternator used to be. 7m pump bracket bolts to same location as old Alternator lower bracket. Old alternator upper bracket remains, and is what Im using to tension pump. Upper P/S bolt needed about a 1/2 inch extension to reach tensioner bracket. Im using pump pulley as blower Idler pulley for now, as blower is fixed mount. seems to work OK, no belt slip yet. P/S pulley is 4 rib, Blower is 5 rib, crank is 7 rib. Orientation of belt is on first 4 ribs of blower, and 2nd to 5th rib of crank pulley. You can see new dipstick position I created by just twisting/bending tube to a forward position. You can also see left front blower bracket mounted to old P/S bracket hole. I had to replace stock lower rad hose with a universal "bendable" gates hose with a 90 on rad side to clear p/s pulley, and belt to blower.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
[/URL][/IMG]Recent pic-Pipe upgrade by Rabid Chimp earlier this year, some cleanup since then...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice, looks like Chimpy is getting better with his welder! :salute:

Thanks for the pictures of the drive belt and alternator / power steering pump relocation work. I saw it in person at a Chimp Meat right after you got it in there, but it was dark and I didn't look close enough to see that you still had P/S and eliminated the A/C instead. Looks really good, and very original.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts