Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
More random pics. Exhaust now mocked up. Routing on each side is manifold to 2.5 flex pipe to 45 degree bend to 12 inch resonator to x pipe offset to drivers side at heat shield then twin s bends to a borla twin outlet muffler in stock spot. Twin 90s in pic are to keep from painting back wall..pic of ecu shows all the missing body plugs...would have been difficult to get this to work. Other pic is of large amount of wiring unused, autumatic wiring, stock fuse box connections, ignition, dbw wiring...
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Fixed ignition issue. Fuel issue appears to be bad stock fpr. Adjustable set to 32 installed fired right up.https://vimeo.com/334298799 video=vimeo;334298799]https://vimeo.com/334298799[/video]https://vimeo.com/334298799

·
Premium Member
5,788 Posts
That was a lot of work. More to come,I'll expect.
EYE LIKE IT!!!!!:thumbsup:

What is Junkie up to,Mike?
It sounds like he has a new project cooking,now.:salute:

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Now, yes. Link storm ecu. Stock has 2. Each controls one bank of engine and auto trans.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That was a lot of work. More to come,I'll expect.
EYE LIKE IT!!!!!:thumbsup:

What is Junkie up to,Mike?
It sounds like he has a new project cooking,now.:salute:
Shawn is ok. Working a lot. He was injured on job, so on light duty, and projects are on hold. He owns toomie, ophirs low mile 7mgte beast now.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Double post.

·
Super Moderator
10,480 Posts
Wow that's crazy. I guess it was more economical for them to use two of their 6cyl ecus to control all of the injectors and coils then develop a whole new ecu. I wonder if the v10 in the LFA has a similar arrangement.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
In everything ive read, it would seem the desire to have a fallback strategy for breakdowns, ie one bank works when the other breaks..even mechanical details like firing order choice/crank design tend to support this.

·
Registered
55 Posts
.................any progress, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? lm dying here, ive had to resort to ''Tavarish'' for my build fix.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Fuel issue sorted, and exhaust on car. Potato phone sound, with shop hoses on 180s on exhaust, but gives an idea of rippage soundage...

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
You know Ive been wanting to do this run......we will see if car lets me...

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
So, more random teething issues worked on..Power steerin pump took a dump, it is now bypassed with a shorter belt and a looped rack, while I investigate a replacement. When/if it gets a replacement, i will have to rebuild rack, as it blew past seals also......exhaust is now hung and all clamped and relatively leak free...roadworthy for now. Transmission will have to come back out, as i have a leak at the bearing/fittings..oh well. Test drive coming soon.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Double post..

21 - 40 of 96 Posts