Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
They just posted dyno pulls yesterday with the TT V12 Land Cruiser on the build video I posted early on. Hit like 700 nm which is right at 525 ft lbs, it had well over 300 from the very bottom. I guess 5 liters over 12 cylinders might move stuff around okay...

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Alright, almost 2 months gone and both much and little has happened. First off, all the transmission clutch drivelines issues are sorted. It took another new concentric slave / bearing as I had damaged the old one. Most of the steering issues are gone, it took new shaft u joints, a new coupling, and going back to stock rack location instead of offset. To facilitate all this, I bit the bullet and had an exhaust shop put in a new bend where steering passes through. Exhaust has been revised with 24 inch glasspacks instead of the 18" I started with. Completely relocated radiator, and all nypass/heater core hose routing. New air filter setup, new wideband knock sensors, revised throttle cable, revised wiring, etc. Got the car able to drive farther than shop parking lot just before PacNw SupraNationals, but had to put water in it every 10 miles...fixed that and have put 500 plus miles on it since. Had a local tuner begin tuning process this week. New fuel map, new ignition curve, and some other tweaking, car is just lights out now. Found some more issues to sort before we can finish tune, having to do with cylinder bank airflow balancing, but difference is notable.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
[/URL] [/IMG]Picture from Nationals..
[/URL][/IMG]OG s with Stephanie
[/URL][/IMG]At the LeMay museum tuner show.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
I see Junkie.
Did I miss a meet and greet somewhere?
It wasn't posted.
OK,it was posted AFTER the event.:sadbanana:

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Brian's open house, not really a supra meet...

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Lake Steven's Brian. SSSUPRA.
I could have caused police presence with my R/C truck.

·
Super Moderator
10,526 Posts
Wow thats a lot of progress! Sounds like you should have this thing nice and reliable for a long distance trip for next year ;)

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
wow thats a lot of progress! Sounds like you should have this thing nice and reliable for a long distance trip for next year ;)
muhaha.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Still, I can't imagine what the low end torque of that thing in a 3000lb car is like, other than super (Supra) fun.
It's very enabling. 60 mph in any of the top 4 gears. 4th gear is a lot of fun on the open road.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Supras in Vegas trophies...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,526 Posts
Still, I can't imagine what the low end torque of that thing in a 3000lb car is like, other than super (Supra) fun.
I got to take this thing for a rip a couple weeks ago :D

As it sits, its super fast (feels like about 290-330 rwhp), but it doesn't thump on the bottom end like a small block. Its more about mid and top range, but when you put your foot down, from like 3k or so onwards, tirespin in 2nd gear every time (on some decent 245s, albeit soon to be bald 245s lol). Of course as it sits, the vvti isn't doing anything so its locked at the high rpm cam timing, and theres some room for improvement in the exhaust system too. Would love to try it again when that stuff is resolved!

It is definitely a big beast of a motor though, you can feel the heft of it in there, but it definitely doesn't destroy the character of the car. I had no problem catching the slide getting onto the free way :D

Thanks for the ride Mike, this thing is awesome!

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
No problem Seamus, driving em is why we do what we do. Current or recent install list includes front rotors/wheel bearings, oil cooler and filter relocate, steel section w58, and a 3.58 true trac. The vvti is the only directly engine related issue right now, I've got to verify both solenoid are operating correctly. There is some "tolerance" built into the oe software to allow for bank to bank differences, but with link ecu, it's better to get real world parameters to program to..

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Random Pics from Vegas trip.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,526 Posts
Awww man, I wish I could have made that trip with you guys. Maybe next year...

You guys, as in you and..... Rosso... from Japan! Yes, he flew in for this and drove down with Mike! OGs will remember Rosso as our first Japanese member to join our board and give us a little taste of the Celica XX scene and car life in Japan. There's still some epic posts of his floating around here.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Satoshi driving at triple digit speeds thru Idaho, really loving his us open road experience, gets pulled over. Let go with a warning....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
https://vimeo.com/376644932 Video from Vegas Trip, Satoshi riding shotgun. Those are Shay Bisconers and Eric Rimats Mark4s we randomly met at a gas stop.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

·
Super Moderator
10,526 Posts
Whoa, you took it to the track! In the wet!

How's it handling it its new form?

Whats that noise at low speeds?

61 - 80 of 96 Posts