Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep me and my bro was going over to my other buddies place like 3 miles where I live...a 2 dr accord yes an LX-i with 2 big guys in the front and 2 medium guys in the back...starts tailing me. I can see them in the rear-view I knew they were gonna be the first muthas to eat my supra dust today. So were comin to a red light the about 60 feet they get behind me and flash a beam and gas-N-it like retards. But I pull into the turn left lane ignoring them...must have pissed them off so the light turns green and they pull up next to my bro in the pass and they asked him if we were afraid run...them...I was off like:eekfacepalm: you really think you have a chance to even see me flick a booger on that thing....!!! So they followed me to the next red light. Green and we both punch it I get 2 car lengths before I shifted to 3rd and some idiot pulls out in front of me on the far left lane too....so I slowed down and he goes fly-by laughing...yep I told myself no way JOSE...!( sorry not to offend any JOSE's who own a MK2 ) so I chased him to a stop sign. This time there's a guy and a girl on the corner watching. So I yelled at the driver thru the pass window...I told him one more race fair and square and we both will be on our way...so hes like ok...so I put a few revs to warm it up...and hes still looking at me I am like dude u get a head start...!!! But he doesnt go...so my bro starts recording on his phone cam as hes counting down from 3 and I put the rev to 2.5k and BAM I gun it!!... immediately 2 car lengths again and 3 and 4 and 5 car lengths and hes gone....I cut into his lane to do a U...and he comes up with thumbs up :thumbsup:and a frown kinda....:frown:hehehe...:sarcasm:
never underestimate a MK2 supra

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
89 Accord LX-i?
:ugh:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Those accords have what, 80 hp, then add 700-900 pounds of human flesh in the cabin. I bet it was QUICK. :ugh:

Congrats nonetheless. I would have blown their doors off as well, I just might not have found it too urgent to tell anybody.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Those accords have what, 80 hp, then add 700-900 pounds of human flesh in the cabin. I bet it was QUICK. :ugh:

Congrats nonetheless. I would have blown their doors off as well, I just might not have found it too urgent to tell anybody.

Yea,

Great enthusiasm but the way you narrated was like it was an epic battle between 2 supercars. :eek4dance:

That one should have stayed in your circular file :eekfacepalm:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I was not looking for a quick kill especially that one...it came my way and it was not even something I would of thought twice about but these guys literally waited until the light was green in the other lane then came behind me, taunted me and then chased me down the block...if you asked many people I dont give a UKNOWAT you drive or how many people you got with you, you bring it like that to me or anyone that way you better hope you got wat it takes to back your AZZ up...if he would have asked nicely I could of let him catch up...at least...wat would you do?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually in my wife's Accord LXi we managed to get it to 145mph downhill (in WV). I was rather suprised with the power it had. AND it still managed to get retardedly good mileage.
These cars are nice to drive economically you will feel speedy at times be happy with that YES but to talk about going up against another car with not much work done to it and extra people in the car you are not gonna be happy...with that

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope...it has 120hp/130torq its a LX-i the top of the line model for an accord that year so compare the weight of a supra to that it pretty even I say

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Still they're rather torquey for a 4 cylinder. 2 liter 4 cylinder works out to be the same displacement per cylinder as the 2J and 7M. .5 liters per cylinder. Decent torque and only 4 pistons means is can rev a bit more freely than 7M/2J.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts