Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a plethora of universal TB's all over eBay and the net in this size, that nicely come with the plate adapter needed to mount them.

I will not be using coolant bypass or vac lines from TB, and my car runs on Megasquirt, so the TPS is fine with me.

Does anyone have experience with any of the cheap/modestly expensive ones floating around ( < 150$)?

Is the Q45 just the way to go?? I wouldn't use any of the ports (coolant or vac) on it, so I would hate to waste ~100 bucks on one if I can get a nice simplified unit with adapter for about the same new.

Thanks, -Mike

·
Super Moderator
8,680 Posts
A lot of the cheap TBs leak out around the seal for the shaft. The Q45 is a nice piece for the price.

·
Registered
892 Posts
have a Q45 on my Ron RAMIREZ FFIM , fit nice work rough but honestly i think after time it's not needed unless if you want crazy amount of power
the MKIII TB will do the trick for enought HP to kill your traction 10 times

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I use a Q45, spent $45 on it and hacked off all of the coolant ports and the cold start stuff. After a few hours with multiple cutting tools and a die grinder, I have a smooth and simple throttle body.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts