Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup, got the kit for a great deal, and new I dont need anything like super track setup.
I used the helpers as well. No issues with them WHAT SO EVER.
Posting how I did it.
Hopefully anyone else who is sitting on a set of these will ask any questions and get them installed.

stock assembly out.

Spring off, Perch cut, painted and sleeve installed.

Here is what I was talking about with the "bumpstop" well its not actually a bump stop cause it does not bump ANYTHING, its just to solve the sliding/binding issue with the helper springs.
This is the stock piece off the car

Here is the bottom piece cut (the piece you will use)

Here is the assembly bolted together. The stop is put at the top of the helper in the top spring hat. It is just a tad bit shorter than then the springs are fully compressed. This piece is just a bit smaller than the inside diameter of the spring so as it compresses it goes down keeping the helper spring aligned so it doesnt slide off to the side or anything.

Here it is bolted into the car

Dropped the car down and took it out, drove the piss outta it and NO ISSUES. I was really happy. No clunking or steering issues. No camber issues to naked eye.

Overall I am really really happy. I think the kit is GREAT for the price and just perfect for someone who wants a really well performing street car.

any questions just ask.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Did you weld the bottom perch for the spring? It looks really funny to me for some reason, like silly putty.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats whats left of the stock perch just about a 1/4 around it then bent up for a nice groove for the sleeve to slide into. but because of the way the spring perch is when you cut it just looks like that when I bet it up.

·
Registered
622 Posts
What is your plan for the rear? And what size tires are on those new rims? I like where this car is going so far, keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
scott you did not have to use that little ruber thing
it doesnt make a difference if it is on there or not
i have coils to and i didnt use that

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Moon, talked to some people and they say they still had issues with the helper slidding off to the side and such, I put this in and it eliminates thats. I didnt wanna take the chance of having that issue so I put this in.

Tires are 225 50 15. As for rears Idk yet. cant decide if im gonna with the adjustable perch and circle track springs, fab my own rear coil overs, or just go with a good spring and shock setup. Also gonna grab spacers to put the rear wheels out a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
Stance looks nice. Are you on stock shocks? I'm assuming the ride is super bouncy. And camber isn't the issue with lowering on the front, without RCAs, you're toe is hella out now and its gonna wear your tires out VERY quickly.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not stock shocks or struts. Ride actually isnt that bouncy. Gotta do something with the rear springs tho.

I have access to a full alignment rack, so I will throw my car on it and see where its at...Right now it really doesnt get many miles put on it so Ill be good until I can do that next week.
Night and day difference from the stock springs and blown struts (literally blown, I took the strut retaining cap off and all the oil came flowing out of the tube.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
did you cut the upper perch at all? your supposed to put something in between the upper hat and the strut mount. i cant tell from the pics. i made my own so i wouldnt have to cut my stock ones up. what shocks are you running? wheels look good.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
You should have (2) 14mm washers between the top plate, and the upper strut mount if stock. If you get camber plates, then you want the needle bearing tops.

It looks like he has the 350 set, so they can live with a "good" set of stock struts.

Great work!

Be sure to come up with some sort of strut boot solution. Dirt and water getting in there will quickly kill the struts.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
The technical term for the piece that you need to install with the stock strut mount is called "a washer".:thumbsup:

If you look here: http://forums.celicasupra.com/showpost.php?p=543986&postcount=83 , the needle bearing setup is what you need when running a camber plate.
lol, i guess i had a stupid moment there. i put washers in there, that i cut specifically to fit in the notch on the strut, similarly to the stock upper perch. camber plates and needle bearings are on my to do list. not having needle bearings sucks, but since ive probably put maybe 30 miles on my car since august/september, its not high on my to do list. lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts