Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey mark, if its not too much trouble, could you price out everything needed for a complete timing belt replacement on a 99 avalon? timing belt, tensioner, water pump, drive belts, thermostat, etc. im not 100% sure yet exactly what needs to be replaced yet since i havent looked at the car yet, but you probably know better then me what gets done on these cars along with the belt and water pump. thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
hey mark, if its not too much trouble, could you price out everything needed for a complete timing belt replacement on a 99 avalon? timing belt, tensioner, water pump, drive belts, thermostat, etc. im not 100% sure yet exactly what needs to be replaced yet since i havent looked at the car yet, but you probably know better then me what gets done on these cars along with the belt and water pump. thanks.
Here's a common repair list (we usually only replace what is needed)

Timing Belt - $40.68
Water Pump - $91.69
Idler Pulley - $66.11
Tensioner Pulley - $74.00
Thermostat - $14.37 (sits in the water pump, so generally replace together only)
AC Belt - $20.99
PS Belt - $6.19
Cam Seal - $6.02 ea
Crank Seal - $5.98

I stock these pieces! Thanks Danny!

·
Registered
379 Posts
when i did the timing belt on my mother's '01 avalon, i replaced everything in the above list other than the cam and crank seals. if you're gonna have the belts off anyway, it's a good idea to just go ahead and do the water pump while you're there.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
when i did the timing belt on my mother's '01 avalon, i replaced everything in the above list other than the cam and crank seals. if you're gonna have the belts off anyway, it's a good idea to just go ahead and do the water pump while you're there.
Yeah...it's pretty typical to get a 1MZ apart at 120K and see that the water pump is seeping a bit. Hit and miss on the idler and tensioner.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
roughly how much extra for shipping? ill have to give the prices to my uncle, since its his car, and he asked me if i could help him out with the work. none of this probably even needs to be done since the car only has 40k on it but someone told him he should have it done since its 10 years old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts