Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any idea where i can go to order a new one? Also, an estimate on how much it'll run me?

If not, how much would a whole new compressor run me?

·
Registered
247 Posts
If the compressor for an 85 Celica GTS is the same then I'll sell you mine for cheap. You can have the condensor as well if you want it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
well it worked right up until I pulled the whole AC system out of my car so I don't see why it wouldn't work now.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and it'll bolt right up in my supra? where are you located? estimate on the price?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't know if it will bolt up, that's the only thing. If you want it I'd be willing to part with it for $40. I have no idea on this price, it just kinda came to me so if it seems high or low just let me know, I'm open to suggestions. I live in Santa Barbara, California, but am willing to ship anywhere as long as you pay for it.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
A new compressor with a clutch can be expensive. Checking partsmerica, I find the Evap Inc. 1757 lists for $781.60, Advance Auto has it for $335.61.

A rebuilt compressor w/o the clutch $179
A rebuilt clutch is $87 (new $214)

No idea how much Toyota would charge.

At my local U-pull-it, $30 - but no guarantee it would work

My clutch wasn't working well (not fully releasing) when I got my AC back working again after a couple of years. So I ran the AC most of the time. Then it starting working properly again. Maybe some corrosion products wore off?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts