Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,224 Posts
Since you're converting to R134 pick up a 12x24 condenser off ebay and build a couple of brackets for it. Same with the drier.

Something like this one;

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@SilverMk2 I am looking to make as few adapters/brackets as possible. I just don't have the tooling or material for it. If it gets to that point then I will go out and get it but I am not there yet. Thanks for the link. Looks like a good kit.
@kris_houan I checked all the usual online stores that I can think of including rock auto and nothing was listed. I appreciate the suggestion.

·
Registered
334 Posts
@Darrow I have a stock condenser that I'm not using. I never had the ac working in my car so not sure if its 100% good. But I do know it has about 78k miles so I bet it works fine. Let me know if you're interested. I also have all the other A/C components including the evaporator box under the dash and all lines and hoses except one that I sold to another forum member.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the condenser core on ebay (A/C Condenser Denso 477-0147 For Toyota Celica 2.8L L6 1985 ) I will have to look if the outer shell comes off, and if it does see how many fasteners I need to replace from rust.
And I finally found the part number. 88461-14010. Some places show that I can buy it. Weather it is actually in stock is another story.

@Whitey482 Thanks for the offer. I would like to go with new if I can.

·
Super Moderator
8,224 Posts
You should really reconsider. The newer condenser are dual pass vs single in stock. You loose cooling performance going to R134 and this helps bring it back. The brackets aren't that hard to make they are like 1/8 x 1 aluminum from the hardware store with like 3 holes drilled in them. You need a saw hole saw to cut a hole for the rubber grommet.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I bought the “last one remaining” Denso condensor from rock auto and it came slightly damaged. The top row of fins was bent. It should still work and the top row is hidden when installed, but that’s what you get.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
You may got my STOCK one. I do not need it anymore. If you pull it,it will be FREE. Well,I can help.
I want it GONE. '84 L type. PM if interested

·
Registered
788 Posts
Just an fyi for anyone searching for condensers, the oem was a Denso unit, part number is 477-0147. Was a perfect match to the oem one that came out of my '85, got one of the last remaining ones on Amazon for $108.
My car was converted over to 134a years ago, never had a problem with it not cooling well. It may not have been sub-zero after the conversion, but it wasn't noticeably warmer either. That was with SoCal summer heat too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts