Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
A non working/weak fan (should always be running with compressor) is easy to identify: if the air outlet is cooler when driving at speed than while stopped.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Fusible link for the condenser fan is bad. If I cannot find a replacement, anyone have any advice on how to proceed? Can I replace it with an inline fuse? If so, what amperage. I'm thinking at least 20 amp, but perhaps even more.
Regarding a replacement SPAL fan. Summit has a variety of them. Should I be looking at a "pusher" or "puller"? Do I need a low-profile, or will a standard one fit.

Thanks, Bob

·
Premium Member
8,880 Posts
Bob, here's a Great write up on R&R of the stock condenser fan by SupraScooby but can be used for an aftermarket replacement...

·
Premium Member
8,880 Posts
Pusher I believe!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Stopped by my local Toyota parts department today. Part number for the condenser fan fusible link assembly is 88635-14060. Of course, it is NLA. Anyone have a recommendation as to using a regular inline fuse as a substitute? If so, what amperage should be used.

The fan assembly 88550-14010 is also NLA.

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well, my mechanic says that what I was calling a fusible link is actually a resistor that functions to reduce the fan speed until the engine is warmed up, and can just be bypassed. I still have not confirmed that the fan actually works, so an update is to follow.
Bob

21 - 26 of 26 Posts