Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, oh joy, the A/C in my '85 Celica GTS crapped out on me today, one of the hottest days of the year. Normally I don't use A/C that often, prefer the windows down and Van Halen or Pantera filling the air, but today was just too damn hot. Sitting at a light, start to move slowly and I hear the blower motor speed up (with the RPM's as usual), then slow, speed up, then quit.

Most likely it's the motor since the light on the A/C switch was still lit even after the fan quit. Opening the windows slightly created a vacuum that would pull cold air out of the system.

I'm on my way to swap out the blower motor, at 304,000 miles the Celica is on it's second (maybe third) blower motor. If the blower motor doesn't cure the problem I'd like to know if the A/C relays are interchangable between the Supra and Celica. Anyone know if they are a direct swap and same part?

A well balanced meal is a beer in each hand.
Scott

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
There are some A/C relays under the hood and under the dash on the passenger side. You said that your celica is a GTS then some of the parts are interchangable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts