Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 7mgte in a 84 mk2 and i would love to get the a/c up and running. i'm thinking it's easier to use 7m compresser and customize some line's as crown vic's are not around here, but my main problem is i have microtech EMS not factory. I read a thread that mentioned some wire goes back to the factory EMS for something. I'm not sure what tho. If anyone knows if it's possible to get the a/c running again i would love to hear what you did. I still have the factory EMS and if i need it , to get the a/c working then i'll fit it for that purpose. (IT GETS BLOODY HOT IN SUMMER WITH THE ENGINE BAY COOKING ON A 45 degree DAY). Also the valve that controls the flow of water after the heater core doesn't seem to work, it that just stuffed sensors?
Help with any or all above questions would be HUGELY appreciated. Thanks in advance for your expertise.

long time reader, new poster!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think its just an on off switch the ecu disables the AC with, a wiring book/manual will have the info in it that you need.
thanks for the feedback Donn , i've read countless threads of people asking for wiring diagrams but they're all dead ends. I looked at the TSRM but the a/c wiring diagram is a bit blury. I was thinking the factory EMS might be needed to increase idle when a/c compressor is running.I also bought the haynes celicasupra manual witch has 23 pages of wire diagrams from '79 to '92 just need to work out witch one applies to my car . All the wire colours are different to as it's published in Canada and the Australian MK2's have alot of differences to U.S and Canada models. But it does have all torque figures,tolerance's, and a full rundown on mk1, mk2, mk3 engine's and body repairs. I think between TSRM and the Haynes manual i'll have to go over the whole heater/ac system and hope i can get parts. Multimeter's going to get a flogging! If you know for sure HELP!:twodrunkg

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
IF anyone know's a good place to get heater/ ac components it would be hugely appreciated ,even suggestions would be great. Parts are scarce and likely to cost me two arm's and a leg if i can get them!

not much point then!

I'd only be able to drag race !!!!!! :tw

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think its just an on off switch the ecu disables the AC with, a wiring book/manual will have the info in it that you need.
thanks for the feedback Donn , i've read countless threads of people asking for wiring diagrams but they're all dead ends. I looked at the TSRM but the a/c wiring diagram is a bit blury. I was thinking the factory EMS might be needed to increase idle when a/c compressor is running.I also bought the haynes celicasupra manual witch has 23 pages of wire diagrams from '79 to '92 just need to work out witch one applies to my car . All the wire colours are different to as it's published in Canada and the Australian MK2's have alot of differences to U.S and Canada models. But it does have all torque figures,tolerance's, and a full rundown on mk1, mk2, mk3 engine's and body repairs. I think between TSRM and the Haynes manual i'll have to go over the whole heater/ac system and hope i can get parts. Multimeter's going to get a flogging! If you know for sure HELP!:twodrunkg

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
There is a single wire which engages the A/C clutch, connect this to your 7M compressor and you're good to go. It is completely separate to the engine management system.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aaaahhh your a good man Norbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR!!!!!
I'VE seen that wire but it was before i did the swap!
where's it come from? In case the sparky chopped it.
Also do you know where i can get a ring and pinion between 3.00 & 3.42 ?, i'm goin nuts looking for one, was it you selling the tru trak with the 3.42? AND did u see the thread under carbon fibre hood in parts for sale. It's nice,he was supposed to be working on a CF hatch to,but i think he may of given up. IT'S gone cold!

CHEER'S BIG EAR'S ,
Luke ,:mm_beer::twodrunkg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts