Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4xVS8bUfV8

Blew up some drains/pipes today. Correct term is "Vented" to ensure that left over HE (High Explosive) residue was disposed of. Woot.

As fun as explosives are I'd much rather be a welder or do network security.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
LMAO... I dunno rusty, you boys are looking mighty sketchy there.

If I was 5-0 rolling by, Id be remiss not to throw all youse in the back of my cruiser and haul ya downtown for a chat.

Besides... youre having too much fun for that to be legit work!

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol. Yeah, actually with the super low cloud ceiling (perhaps 500 feet) because of the mist/fog/snow we were having it sounded like we had secondary/sympathetic explosions, but it was just the reverb/echo off the cloud ceiling. We knew it'd be loud, but it was a bit louder than expected. Still well below our permissable thresholds though. The guy with glasses is our SSHO (Site Safety & Health Officer), the guy with the Goat-Tee, is my Team Leader, a Tech III EOD Graduate with years of explosives experience, the guy running the camera has a smidge more experience than me, is a Tech II with about 3.5 years experience, and I've got 3 years.

It's still fun when we getta make noise. We were also giggling about raising hell right before church started. Our first demo setup ran about 9.30am and I had joked on cleanup of that shot that it'd be amusing if our next shots went off right before church when everyone was walking in. Lo & Behold the video time-stamp is for 10.55 *LOL* So we were rather amused by that. I know I was having issues yelling Fire in the Hole because I was practically giggling from how loud it was.

Speakers NEVER do it justice, you gotta FEEL the explosion hehe.

Plus we used a lot of detcord, wanted to clear out our mags for the holidays.

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
You get paid for that? Nice gig....gling:zzzzz:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts