Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

a few dragstip kills myself with my mutt motor

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dragonfyre 
#1 ·
Went to Thompson on Wednesday. First time with my 57mgte engine. Thing runs petty damn good!! Ran 3 time trials and redlit on first round elimination.
First kill was a 94 Z-28 Stick, Bolt on city Lt-1
Second was a fox bodied 5.slow
Third was My buddies 91 Turbo mk3
Actually the Mk3 was the best run. He has been trying to beat me for years now even back when I had my 83 with a 7mgte and t0-4 set up RIP poor car. But anyhow My personnal best that night was as follows,
13.54 @ 108 at 14 psi.
50/50 mix of cam2 race gas to help prevent some premature ignition.
On 15" BFG Drag radials preheated and psi at 15 got me a 1.9 60' time!!
Not too bad for 2 motors that were never to be with each other huh? I figure after I do some more tuning and get a run on the Dyno to get the S-afc tuned I should get some major 12's.

#4 ·
Thanks, mike and crf rider!! Yeah the car has 365cc injectors from a 4agze in it. Plenty of fuel so far. Also my 83 car got wrecked last fall. Almost a year ago. The car was mainly garage kept and we took it out in late October. Went back home and my old lady need to go to the mini mart up the road. So I let her take the car and needless to say the car got T-boned on the front drivers fender so hard it broke the block in 2 spots and ripped it off the transmission. But my old lady didn't have a cut, not even sore the next day. A drunk asshole ran a light and pegged her at about 45mph. He got a DUI and I got a measly $2200. for a car I had over 5g in. My girl couldn't even get money outta the guy cuz he was not insured. I was able to save the pistons, rods, some electronics a few guages and the rest was junk. The turbo, manifold, cartech intercooler, were all broken or cracked or bent so severely you couldn't recognize them. But hey man the carparts can always be bought my womans parts can't, ya know?? I'll tell ya what the drivers sparco seat and harness saved her life I bet, plus the car was completely rust free and straighter than a priest on Sunday, so the structure was very strong. But yeah, thats how it died. The 84 I have now is a replica of the 83. I built it to be exactly the same in every way except the motor only cuz I didn't have a good harness and misc. other shit. I was into the 5mgte about 3 years ago, and it ran 13's too with my 83, then I went 7mgte. So now I tried this. And I am still using 5m electronics and a afm. Later, matt

#6 ·
Thanks Dean!! I have been here, just not posting. Unfortunately, the dyno won't happen for till maybe next month. I aquired a 90T auto targa this last may with a blown engine and since then, most of the extra money I have had, goes to that. But now it is running with a 5 speed and the targa has been off and how nice that is. Soon as I get my hardpipes made and big NPR intercooler in then I will spend some $$ on the 84 and try to get that project finished. later, matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.