Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
are the nissan top mounts cheaper than the toyota ones??
They were to me! haha I got them off ebay for £70 a set, but if you wanted to use them for ONLY adjustable camber you would have to re -drill your strut tops about 30 degrees as when you bolt them in you get castor adjustment too.
Much faster steering back to centre, so for what i do with the car its perfect:naughty:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
spoiler on

]

I kinda like it, well i Have to like it really as the spoiler cost me £180, then i chopped it in half! so no turning back!

Also, im working on getting the S13 front suspension arms to fit,

Did a bit of measuring....:ugh:

Ma61 arms are about 310mm (ish) centre to centre.

S13 arms are around 340- 350mm

]

so a lot more negative camber.....

Oh well:naughty:

waiting on coilovers for 5 weeks so will do some work to the rest of the suspension.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Got some new tyres, toyo T1R'S in a 50 sidewall, as my old tyres were shagged.
maybe from this:rolleyes:

[video]http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=124521917572958&ref=mf[/video]
little piss about video:eatcorn: ... :rolleyes: ....If your a facebook ponce that is??

needed a new exhaust so did a straight through with a peco back box from a peugeot 306 diesel of all things. All explained in this link from my mate marks thread about the cars he gets at his welding company.
http://rat-look.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3772&start=60
scroll down a bit and im towards the bottom:ugh:
(cars outside)

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
I'm surprised your trying to fit longer lower control arms on your car, what I'm doing is the exact opposite, looking for celica lower control arms to bring the strut assembly closer in to fit larger tires, the RA LCA is shorter than the MA LCA

Your losing a lot of your fender space for tire by putting a longer lower table.

Get camber plates if you want camber and keep your MA6x LCA!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm surprised your trying to fit longer lower control arms on your car, what I'm doing is the exact opposite, looking for celica lower control arms to bring the strut assembly closer in to fit larger tires, the RA LCA is shorter than the MA LCA

Your losing a lot of your fender space for tire by putting a longer lower table.

Get camber plates if you want camber and keep your MA6x LCA!

yeah, your right, the nissan arms are too long really, so junking them. waiting on the coilovers still, and aint got a lot of money at the moment, so just putting petrol in it is shit, esp when its £1.17 / litre:duh: bastard england:32:

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
thats about $1.35 a liter in Canada, thats on the edge of being brutal.....we're paying around 1$ American a liter at the moment for 87 octane. 91 floats around 1.13$ a liter

·
Registered
606 Posts
What front lip is that.. ?????
I just bought one for mk3 but doesnt fit well

We pay 1.90 dollars per liter 99 octan 95 octan is 1.70
Mk2 gold denmark

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
VOLVO 760'S and 940'S like this one

hope that helps ;)

few more pics of the front, as realised there isnt many! (before i got new tyres)

next to my mates corolla that was in for some work.

And next to my other mates nissan

·
Registered
136 Posts
thanks that does help. i am definatly gonna keep my eye out for one of those lips. that looks so mean haha

·
Registered
606 Posts
Me too ... Im going hunting one of the next days.... My red one needs a lip in silver of couse.

Nice car you got there,,,
Have to show you mines too....

86 Red/ Silver and 83 gold...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Same pcd mate, just bolt straight in:thumbsup:
Hey dude, nice car! I love the color and the wheels. Really liking the Volvo lip idea, I was considering it before after seeing it on a Cressida.

One question about the camber plates. What exactly does the Camber plates come with? Or what should they come with when you use the S13 plates? I have buddys that have S13s and the plates wont be a problem to find. Let me know please! Keep up the good work on the car man!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks for the kind words buddy, And glad you like the colour!
Ok, i'll try to clear up some of the mystery for you. Camber plates should come with the inner plate wiith the bearings, and the outer plate with the studs. Same as any other aftermarket camber plates, like you would get with a cusco kit for example. The only difference is that plates like the Techno toy have offset studs that adjust camber only, so the sliders will adjust horizontally only.
Bolting in s13 plates means that instead of just sliding in one axis (y)
The nissan ones will be more like z axis, so you cannot adjust camber on its own, as the further you go in to -minus degrees this will also affect castor. You could always rotate the camber plates to horizontal and redrill the top mounts if you soley want camber adjustment, you would just have to clock the top mount hole position,by making a card ring divided into 360 degrees and rotate the ring 30 degrees (estimate) until the sliders line up horizontally, then centre punch and redrill.

Here's the ones i bought from a u.k E bay shop for reference,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-S13-S14-S14a-200SX-PILLOW-BALL-CAMBER-TOP-MOUNTS-/350241951370?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item518c0c0e8a#ht_1424wt_958

but if your buddies have s13's then if they got some coilovers spare, just get those off them and buy some serial nine strut tubes

http://www.serialnine.com/products/x7/suspension

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
found a few more pictures of it on other forum

[

Its spent a bit of time on the ramp too, but more of that and Updates this weekend hopefully. (Its been a while):eekfacepalm:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I didnt check the thread back for this, but what size are your wheels and what tire size are you running? Car looks sick dude! Keep it up!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
And some more photo's. God i love these cars, i don't think you could get a more perfect all rounder for the price i paid, It's so damn reliable too!

And a little drift video at santa pod near silverstone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJOZDlX2qxc

Drove this car all day, used half a tank of fuel, the rest lasted till tonite! supra love

21 - 40 of 282 Posts