Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CelicaSupra.com Members,

I have a suggestion/request for everyone - new members and old ones too. Our forum has grown to over 600 members and I think it's time to take a good hard look at repetitive posts. The forum has been around for a while now, and chances are good that SOMEONE has already talked about a topic you're getting ready to create.

We need to start using the forum a little smarter here, as I am finding myself moving posts to the "correct" sections and combining posts when I see duplicate threads. Many of you are doing a great job of pointing out to newer members when they duplicate post a topic (ie; you're providing them a link to the previous discussion) and I think that's great.

Please do yourself and everyone else a favor -- When you have a question about your Supra, there is a really slick search function on here that will eliminate a lot of duplicate questions: http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2/search.php

You can search by keywords like "clutch" or by Author name, if you think a certain member might have gotten involved in the discussion.

Taking just a few more seconds to SEARCH the forum for a particular topic isn't going to hurt you, and it's going to make this place a lot less cluttered -- so Malloy, Quick and I don't have so much housekeeping to do.

Thanks to everyone...for making our CelicaSupra.com Forum such a success!

-Stephen

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
99% of the moderation that I do at Supraforums is in regard to questions previously answered.

If people ask a common question, just lock the thread. They'll get the hint.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
SliP said:
no... post and tell them to search, THEN lock it.
You've never been a moderator I take it. That takes twice as long. No big deal if it's one post, but for 30. :shock: :(

·
Registered
154 Posts
it would be great if the search button worked. I click on it and nothing happens.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Search works for me on a Mac. Now if my Supe was running...

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Nice one Steph.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts