Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i drop my gf off at work and im heading for some cheapo 12 dollar speakers at the liquidation place.
this lil beat up lookin civic pulls up and hes got the monster 6" tach and a couple gauges inside and i figure "another ricer" so i look over and he looks over and we both smile that 'im gonna kick your ass' smile and he revs....
its turboed :?
im kinda thinkin my rustyness on the 5 speed might hurt, and im right, he owns me off the line, but i rip it into second and chirp em, then i hit third nicely and blew past the guy while hes grabbing third.

we took it up to about 70 mph and i still had a nose on him and was holding it, so we both let off and at the light he rolls down the window and we chat.
my stock 5m versus his frankenstein, 2.0 liter crv block with an integra vtec head with a turbo.

i was pleased, but i dont think his car was running properly, as a well tuned frankie like that should put out about 200-220 horses, minimum.

so, looks like i have a cruisin bud any time im down in his end of town :)

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Good kill! Sometimes those Hondas really are more than "rice". ;)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I made the mistake of not downshifting from 6th one time when a turbo Honda wanted to run. Took a while to spool... :)

Good kill. Those little shitboxes can be fast with a turbo. 8)

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i ran into him last night, either he did some tuning, or he was playing with me...
the same civic was racing a supercharged mr2 and absolutely destroyed it... im pretty sure those mr2s are fast with forced induction, but i could be wrong.

i raced some guy in a 95ish v6 camaro in the rain, lmao what a tard.
i think i got wheel spin in all gears :D

·
Super Moderator
10,577 Posts
those mr2s are fairly fast, about 145hp stock. Quick is the way I'd describe them. With a new pulley and a few other upgrades they can be fast though

·
Registered
794 Posts
The place that I had my car dyno'd at had a honda (civic, late 90's?) come in and dyno at over 400whp. He lives just down the road from me. It is silver with a ricer wing on it. Problem is I have never seen it off the jack stands. Sometimes he will have friends over standing outside so I try and spool up as I go by. I really want to see the dyno sheet for that thing. I wonder how much $$$ you have to drop to make a 400whp civic.

:roll:

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Not flaming here but there is no way you would beat a turbo civic with a stock MKII. Even if it was sick he would still walk you. I raced one at the Nationals last weekend- we both ran 13.4s. IMHO, you probably heard a fake BOV kit.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Im with Wade on this one

There are many Civic Ricers out there that dont know what they have so they will make some shit up ---> (", 2.0 liter crv block with an integra vtec head with a turbo")

Iv hear of some stories of Turbo Civics that hang with Stock MK4 TT

·
Registered
655 Posts
re: civic kill

Ya, somethings wrong here. I raced a turbo'd Civic at the track last year, and even with messed up head gasket, the little bugger did a 13.8 sec 1320......... I did mess him up on the launch though :lol:

Sonny

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, i tracked him down, its turbo, and yes, he was just playing with me, because i have no badges and he wanted to see wtf my car is and how fast it is.

bastard... lol.

i feel like a putz, but hes a cool guy, and got a pretty nice car, for a honda.

he mentioned that he has a spare turbo, and if i wanna make my car fast, then hes willing to help.

looks like hes trying to make honda drivers seem like nonassholes :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts