Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks;

I've been debating for a few weeks now whether I should come online and post something like this up. I'm really not the type to air my dirty laundry and like to keep my private (non raptor/supra) related life private. Things are the point know where it would be unfair to keep my customers out of the loop.

I'm sure all of you know that Raptor Racing is not my full time job. For those that don't know I work for Hewlett Packard as Mainframe and AS400 Systems Analyst managing 10 large clients...GM; Delphi; Proctor and Gamble, Clorox are just a few of those clients. Recently there have been significant changes at work that increase my workload to levels I just can't express. Three new clients have come in and there is absolutely no end to the work.

It couldn't come at a worse time as all at the same time I have been working on:

*Cat back Group Buy
*Header Group Buy
*MK2 Adjustable Swaybar Group Buy
*MK3 Adjustable Swaybar Group Buy

To say that I've been pressed for time to finish everything would be a huge understatement. The only reason I'm coming out and wasting your time with this is to let you know that I know that I've been slower than usual at responding to PM's and emails. I know that the exhaust group buy is taking longer than I originally planned to get shipped out. I also know a few of you have been calling me with no luck getting me on the phone and for all this I truly apologize.

I just want to reassure that although things will be a little hectic for me for at least the next few weeks things will get done. Unfortunately they won't be done as quick as you and I would like but they WILL get done.

To add insult to injury the 3" mufflers from the group buy are giving us a hard time and will require even more time to get done. Unfortunately custom modifiying a part that was never meant to perform a certain role (2.25" muffler to be a 3" muffler) doesnt' always go as smooth as we'd like. I'm having issues expanding them out to 3" without cracking them...we've busted 3 mufflers so far so we've had to modify our approach. This means more manual labour for me unless I pass it on to someone else which will obviously drive the cost to make them higher than I've charged. I realize you are all anxious for your products please just be a little more patient...it will get done.

There is no need to reply to this thread; it's only purpose was to inform you the above. If you have any questions or concerns please email/pm me...

·
Registered
105 Posts
holy man, so its gonna be even longer x.x
not to say your situation doesn't suck
but this really sucks...in general

i guess its a good time to ask if the product will have a warranty?

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
I'll concur with Mr. G!!

George like many others here who have taken their own time, effort and their own money NEED our support and backing in order for us to enjoy modifying, maintaining our beloved Supras.

When I couldn't "read" a tape measure correctly George made me a custom stainless steel extension pipe for my Brullen exhaust system, what I paid for the pipe couldn't in any way cover the time, materials and labor to fab and make the pipe but he did and even apologized for not getting it to me faster.

I have bought Supra related items from 935Motorsports, Da Chimp, Raptor Racing, LJM, JK, The Supra Goddess, etc over the years and will continue to support these vendors and others who for the love of our car put forth the time and effort to be a true Supra enthusiast.

If your not willing to sacrifice a little time and money then maybe a Supra isn't the car for you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i dunno if people have different conceptions of "little time" and "little money", but 600 bux and 4-5 months isn't little by any means to me. (especially if your whole catback has holes in it and this isn't just an upgrade). if you werent talking to me and just making a general statement, then disregard this post

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I know that I have ping'd you a couple of times asking for an ETA or two.
To me, being kept informed of what is going on is a big big deal. And you, good sir, have done very well in that department. Luckily I am not in a time crunch so waiting a few extra weeks is no problem.
You have done a lot for this community and I for one thank you.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Te very reason I ordered a 3" catback was because you are the only person making them. Being the first and only will always come with risk of problems with fit and finish. I am happy to wait knowing that when I do get my system it will be everything that I want it to be. Thanx for the update too George, I was laying under the car today and thinking about mailing you for an update.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Hey all -

Arch put it very well. There's not much else I can add, other than to say I've dealt with George before and he's been a class act all the way. He was willing to match another (outside) vendor's pricing on parts, even though I know he took a significant hit by doing so. One of the buys involved four sets of parts, two of which were custom-fit jobs; when one of the four had the wrong fittings, George got them to send the right part without question.

I can certainly identify with the day job issue. I haven't been around here much lately because my job is kicking my ass to the tune of about 11hrs/day. After I get home from that, and get my kid taken care of (feeding her, helping her with her homework, etc.) - I don't feel like doing jack shit.

Anyway, give George a break. He might be taking a while, but he won't rip you off and he stands behind what he sells.

$0.02 worth
Bob

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Folks;

First off...although I truly appreciate the kind words more than you; it really wasn't the point of this thread. It was started to keep a few of you updated on the status of a few of the group buys and explain why things are slightly delayed.

I also really didn't think I had to come here and defend myself to others but it looks like I don't have a choice. I know it's not the classy thing to do as most people would just say leave it alone but some things can't be left unsaid.

After reading this Tyson you are more than welcome to ask for a refund with a $50 inconvenience fee for holding your money. I really should have kept this private via pm’s but I really have nothing to hide.

Back on October 31st the group buy ended; I said it would take a minimum of 2-3 months to get the parts in. The parts arrived 3 months to the day after I placed the order...considering the size of the order (40 cat back system; 25 headers; downpipes etc) 3 months is quite impressive if you ask me.

So the parts get here in 3 months (approx beginning of FEB) but what you don’t realize is that all these parts were stuffed into my small 1 car garage...I can take a pix if you all like...it's quit pitiful. With about a 3'x3' section of my garage I had to go through the massive boxes and ensure that everything was present and accounted for....then each order needed to be individually wrapped and repackaged as well as invoices sent out to all the customers. Please keep in mind mufflers had to be modified and dozens of parts had to be coated.

Now I know none of this is anyone’s problem but working in a confined space in a garage with below freezing temperatures (yes it's cold in Canada now) and transporting parts to and from the coater in a little 4 door Corolla in not exactly an enlightening experience. The Coater is over one hour drive from my house and to keep the fees down I deliver them myself. I'm sure you can all appreciate this but a couple dozen headers and mufflers will not all fit on the first trip. I’m sorry; but I’m not Titan Motorsports with access to a huge warehouse; warehouse staff and delivery truck…I’m just a small one man operation who works out of his house. Keep in mind; I’m not even mentioning my full time job here as that would take another 3 paragraph's. :rolleyes:

I'm the first to admit that this group buy involved more work than I expect; I have never ordered this much product before. I’m not sure if I'm getting my point across; but this whole buy was started and executed to save people money. I took a big hit ordering these parts and only collecting deposits but I did it to help you guys out knowing the holiday season stretches the budget. In the end it backfired on me as 2 people cancelled their orders due to loosing their jobs. Instead of being an asshole and saying: “tough luck” I refunded their deposit even though I didn’t have the cash to do so. The point I'm trying to make here is that I'm bending over backwards to try to accommodate people; having people throw a sissy-fit as I'm a couple weeks behind is just plain irritating.

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It’s obvious to me that some of you are oblivious to what is needed to get custom made parts done (on such a large scale) for a car that the ‘BIG MONEY’ aftermarket couldn’t give a rats ass about. Things don't ALWAYS happen 100% as scheduled; I'm not sure how else to get through to some of you. Group buy's like this and poor Aaron's Addco buy bring to light that if things keep up there will be NO aftermarket support for this vehicle soon.

Now since this is MY section of the forum which I pay a large amount of $ for I’m going to advise you all to not bother posting on here. If anyone has an issues with what I have said feel free to email or pm me.

BTW Tyson...just to clarify: I've only held $280 of your money for the last 4 months...I got the other $300 last week...please don't make it seem like I've held $600 for 5+ month. If you are going to complain please use facts.

·
Registered
105 Posts
no where did i say that you held 600 dollars for 5+ months. I plainly said that "but 600 bux and 4-5 months isn't little" sorry if it came out like you've held my money, i couldn't care less about you holding my money anyways. I'm just saying seperatly that the catback was 600 dollars, and the time frame was looking to be about 5 months.
And I think we're far past the point of a refund and it would be really stupid and inconsiderate of me to back out on you now.
And just to clarify on my end, i'm sorry if i seem inpatient and i really do appreciate your efforts to save us money and provide us with quality parts for our car.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
^ same here.....

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
It’s obvious to me that some of you are oblivious to what is needed to get custom made parts done (on such a large scale) for a car that the ‘BIG MONEY’ aftermarket couldn’t give a rats ass about. Things don't ALWAYS happen 100% as scheduled; I'm not sure how else to get through to some of you. Group buy's like this and poor Aaron's Addco buy bring to light that if things keep up there will be NO aftermarket support for this vehicle soon.
George speaks the truth.

There is no EZ-Bake oven to have custom parts made. (that's right George, it really doesn't exist - I was scammed too!).

If one were to put a dollar value on their time going through the entire
process, design, prototyping, quoting, order taking, assembling, boxing,
shipping, answering questions, STRESS, etc, one would really question
why they are doing it.

So why do we put ourselves through this? We're nuts in the head. :iocrunks2:

Honestly, we do it as a community contribution. We know that no company
in their right mind would take a swing at custom made parts for such
short quantity.

We see a need. And may have the skill, available resources, etc to see
if it's possible. Then spend countless hours working through details,
soliciting quotes, revising designs, etc. We have to spend mucho time
knocking on doors to get custom parts made. And get used to the word "no".

Those that have taken on custom made projects *really* want them to go smoothly.
And we want people to be happy with their purchase.

My comments here are not to scare anyone off from taking on a
custom made part for the MK2. I fully encourage it.
We are quite the community contributing group of car owners. I think that makes us rather unique (and special!)

Custom parts takes time. Be patient.

George, keep up the great work!

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
George and Jim,

Just remember for every one guy that's impatient or unhappy, there are 10 more people that you don't hear from. Those 10 people are extremley happy and grateful that people like you are providing such a service....myself being one of them.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Word.

George and Jim,

Just remember for every one guy that's impatient or unhappy, there are 10 more people that you don't hear from. Those 10 people are extremley happy and grateful that people like you are providing such a service....myself being one of them.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Sorry about thread Hijack Geo...

Jim King sighting! Jim King sighting!

PS - I would not hestitate to buy something from Karaki (I'm waiting for the next Pontiac group buy :p ).

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
I concur!! Also regards to Aaron, Robert, Tanya, Wes, LJM and anyone else I forgot...

George and Jim,

1 - 20 of 79 Posts