Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys...

i'm an ex MA61 owner who's going to start some mods on my MX73, which is almost the same thing anyway... except it has 4 doors and Aus version has the twin cam 5m-ge.

i had the Supra about 10 years ago, i sold it when i went to Japan. i'd intended to buy another one when i got back but while i was there i discovered the early Chasers and Mark2's, like the GX71's and 81's. anyway when i got back i bought the MX73 with plans to build it up, but i also really wanted a genuine GT type performance car to do some track days and some drifting.... so i imported a JZX90 Mark2. i chose a stock auto for easy compliance (plus it was cheaper), then converted it to manual, fitted some Teins, a Cusco and basically derestricted the inlet and exhaust, ended up with 225rwkw's too :naughty:
the car proved very good as a track car, but a bit too expensive to risk as a drifter!! so after about 2 years i sold it and finally decided to get stuck into the Cressida.

plans are fairly simple, convert to 5 stud, convert to manual and fit a good LSD. i'd originally planed to go NA-2j, but i sort of like the 5m-ge so i'll see how this goes to start with..

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcome my fellow Cressida brother!
This forum is way better than the Cressida forums.
Better info, better people, and wisdom.

Ohh hey, I've seen wind deflectors on a few Aus Cressidas at all four doors. I think they were factory because one of them (I think it was the driver's side) said "Cressida" on it. Have you seen this, or know where I can get some?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Welcome, I also have a MX73, as well as a MA61, 2 RA65, and a MA71. This is a great place to find good info. You should check out toyotacressida.net as there is a lot of Cressy owners from Aus.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here's a few pictures of my old Supra. it was a 1983 model, 5mt, dk burgandy in colour. it was stock expect for extractors and a 3" stainless exhaust. i just lowered it 50mm.

rt36, i haven't noticed any door window deflectors on the mx73, i think i've seen them on the mx32 though

·
Registered
515 Posts
That's a beautiful mkii. I love the color too.
What's the bike?
I'm saving up for a Triumph Daytona 675 right now.
Do you still ride?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, i really liked the colour too. seemed every Supra i looked at was either red or white so finding this one was a bit different, plus the interiour colour was dark maroon which was cool too.

the bike is a 1993 Yamaha YZF750SP

i sold it a few years ago too. i still own a road bike though, a 1980 GS1000S

although i don't do much road riding anymore, i've built the same model historic race bike

·
Registered
515 Posts
That's awesome man, I love the classics.
I had an '06 Raven R6 about a year back.

I miss it so much... but I had to sell it because I didn't have a car and needed one for school.

Anyway, I know of a Black '85 L-Type in my area. It's stock other than a swapped 6m, no other mods at all. Interior is so-so and the body is clean.
Might be $$$ to ship it though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts