Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I made a suggestion a while back about adding a section so members can find local techs/garages that specialize on a mkii supra but I have another suggestion.
Can we still add that section but also a section for members that are willing to do work on a mkii supra for other members.

For example, I want to have all my suspension bushings replaced. But I don't necessarily trust mechanic shops since I worked at a few shiesty ones in the past.
I know there are some awesome members that do this kind of work themselves and I would like to pay one of them to replace all my suspension bushings. If there was a section to look up members by location and their advertised offered abilities that would be very handy.
However, I know this could go HORRIBLY wrong but hopefully it could go beautifully right.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i like the idea but couldn't advertising services violate the rules here?

Do you need to be a vendor or something first? i feel like i have read a list like that before. maybe it was on SupraMania?

il start. i have a pretty well equipped shop in Pittsboro NC. reasonably close to chapel hill, raleigh, durham, apex and sanford.

i do not do body work or alignment but i am more than willing to do drivetrain and suspension service for those in need.

pretty well experienced with 5m, 6m,7m ge and gte engines. anyone who needs help is welcome to PM me.

·
Addict
678 Posts
craig I'll pay you to finish my car :) hahahah jk. This Idea is very good.
It should just be a main Forum Section called like "Techs" or something then a sub section for local Techies to offer Help to locals or Wanted techies help in areas.

Could also Reference local Good known shops for specific work.. Like Joes Exhaust is a good local guy offers knowledge and repairs in XYZ
Jeff over near pittsboro is a Electrical/supra repair/build wizz for any phone support,
Craig your local pittsboro (Transmission/ M series) tech services.

We should get a TECH section started.. Or call it like Shop Service or something of the nature
Edit: "Supra Shop"

·
Registered
367 Posts
I like this idea as well. As I would be more comfortable working with forum members, or shops which have direct experience with our cars.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Sign me up. Automotive assistance for the westside Portland area...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts