Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
same guy I bought some stuff off today has a:

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 w/20,000 miles on her..he said, make me an offer, it must go away this weekend.....show ready condition.

it's an automatic, dark grey...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't snap photo's of the car, I was too busy loading up all his other shit.
I will get pics.
thx.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the guy is in the 12-14K range.

here is a pic...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are the actual pictures on the car for sale...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Looks....... blah (first word I can think of)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I personally would never buy this car, I have buddy that is a Mustang freak that is going to offer the guy 11.2K tomorrow, the seller mentioned to me that is has a RARE automatic transmission:zzzzz::zzzzz: maybe the case, but I had to roll when he said that.

How do you feel about it being a slushbox Rick?

·
Registered
137 Posts
the only numbers i can see at the moment is that there were less than 5,000 made, as far as how many were manual/auto i'm not sure. but one thing i am sure of is that you'll never catch me owning one of those POS's!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
5000 planned, that is a shitload of junkers, the actually made more::.

Mach 1 Coupe - 9652

Break Down Mach 1 by Transmission
Mach 1 with M/T - 7709
Mach 1 with A/T - 1943

Break Down Mach 1 by Color
Black - 1611
Dark Shadow Gray - 1595
Zinc Yellow - 869
Azure Blue - 2250
Torch Red - 2513
Oxford White - 814

·
Registered
137 Posts
the site i read was listed as sept 2003 so that makes sense

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I personally would never buy this car, I have buddy that is a Mustang freak that is going to offer the guy 11.2K tomorrow, the seller mentioned to me that is has a RARE automatic transmission:zzzzz::zzzzz: maybe the case, but I had to roll when he said that.
If he can get it for 11 it's a good deal. Considering he could get 12 for it from a dealership. At least, here where I'm at. Not the mustang I would choose, but they run good for what they are.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I'd buy it as a car, not a collector. but then again, I think automatics have no place in a performance car (unless it's a really nice audi or nissan flappy-paddle) I can't see too many of these "second generation" decal/special edition packages becoming serious collector items. by second generation I mean the "mach 1" and "superbee" style 2005+ model year cars.

Consider this, they are novelty items. The reason they are selling is because the baby boomers that liked the orig cars sold in the late 60s, are cars they'd love to have, but they don't wnat ot deal with old cars, they can't afford the super high dollar ones or they just can't find them.

The original ones will increase in value until all the baby boomers die off, then probably drop like a stone in value. the remakes of these cars, will probably do the same, while never reaching a peak value...since they all really want the original versions. These orig cars don't mean much to consecutive generations, and the new versions, even less.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'd buy it as a car, not a collector. but then again, I think automatics have no place in a performance car (unless it's a really nice audi or nissan flappy-paddle) I can't see too many of these "second generation" decal/special edition packages becoming serious collector items. by second generation I mean the "mach 1" and "superbee" style 2005+ model year cars.
I agree. It would certainly be a waste of time (and space) to store it for a few decades. You might get what you paid for it, but that would be in year 2030 dollars! Hardly any different than a regular GT. At least the seller isn't behaving like this is the 2nd coming of the '70 Hemi Cuda, and is realistic on his price. Sure you'll always have a few dweebs who think these cars are highly-collectible, but you'll also find they're usually the ones who own the cars, not the people who are buying them, which will keep the prices where they deserve to be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts