Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the 7M IM have a Y-forked intake pipe that went across the valve covers? Because I saw one at a junkyard and for some reason I thought only a different toyota motor had this setup. The cam gear cover says 7MGE, but that intake is throwing me way off.

And will the 7m IM bolt up to a 5m head without any modifications? If so, is it better flowing?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Oddly... I had the self same question and came here to post about... LOL.

I know the TB is about the same size... so no gain there... but as for bolting up and flow numbers..I dunno.

·
Registered
15,062 Posts
the y pipe is for better distribution of airflow. that inatake is stock on 7mge's in supras and 2jzge's in supras. the 7mge in the cressida got the same plenum as the 7mgte for some reason. the manifold is not a direct bolt on and would be nearly impossible to fabricate on as the runners are much wider then the 5mge intake. you might be able to fabricate a new plenum to mount the y pipe to but if going through that much trouble might as well fabricate what you need for your supercharger setup.
william

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
williamb82 said:
the y pipe is for better distribution of airflow. that inatake is stock on 7mge's in supras and 2jzge's in supras. the 7mge in the cressida got the same plenum as the 7mgte for some reason. the manifold is not a direct bolt on and would be nearly impossible to fabricate on as the runners are much wider then the 5mge intake. you might be able to fabricate a new plenum to mount the y pipe to but if going through that much trouble might as well fabricate what you need for your supercharger setup.
william
Thanks. I actually almost bought it. You saved me time and $.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts