Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok was gonna maybe look at this 85 p tpye again i was thinking aboout buying

if i do test drive it and i dont gotta bring the guy along should i beat teh car like really rev it and drive a lil agresively(not so i put myself or anyone else in danger tho) just to see if the car will hold up?

i dont drive like that everyday but thing is i dont wanna get the car and then find out the head was about to blow off or soemthign like that :toilet:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Pay a trusted mechanic to look the car over before you agree to purchase it.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
if your not extreamly fimilar with the mkII supra I would strongly suggest taking quicks advice

IMO

will

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
even if your framiliar with the car, get a trusted mechanic to look at it, some guys i know will do a mechanical inspection and an insurance inspection, because if the cars over 10 years old, you need one anyways.

its cheap insurance to get another set of experienced eyes to look the car over.

and in answer to your specific question.... i always test drive a car a bit vigourously, but i never abuse it, whether the seller is with me or not.
think of it this way, if you have to sell your baby, would you want some jerk driving the wheels off of it, then saying he doesnt like it for some inane reason??

thats the reason there are so many ads in the bargain finder that say "no test pilots"

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have a few choices on mechanix i could allwasy take it to the toyota stealership or my dad just got a job at the porsche dealership so maybe i could get it in there for cheap or another audi guy that i bought my bumper and shit from when i hit my tree

i didnt mean like drifting or redlineing it the whole time if i go driver her just u know a few more thousand rpm's more than i would regualy shift at say aroun 4.5k and some nice turns to see how good teh suspension is and if anyhting plays i wouldnt wanna abuse a mk2 thre getting very rare

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Give it a good exercise, but make sure you get it checked out.

And would it kill you to spell even moderately correctly?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
wingnut said:
i wouldnt wanna abuse a mk2 thre getting very rare
Nah.. they're not rare at all. Really nice ones are rare though.

You definitely want to take the car up to redline once it warms up and you're away from the owner. Don't abuse it of course.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SliP said:
Give it a good exercise, but make sure you get it checked out.

And would it kill you to spell even moderately correctly?

haha yes

well if i can get a loan from my dad i may just go take it to a mechanic and get it it just looks more and more tempting everythime i read or see or hear about a supra

1 - 8 of 8 Posts