Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ABQMK2’s 2JZGTE addiction thread

OK, I swore I wouldnt do this, I tend to keep things to myself or to my closest and trusted forum homies but I figured I'd share a little at a time. These 2JZ builds are popping up like crazy!!! I will update this thread here and there with pics and info. This is gonna be my 600RWHP E85 fueled, AEM V2 tuned toy. If the MK2 chassis doesnt handle it well i will de-tune for 500RWHP and leave it be..Or by a MK4..IDK.

I will have 3 maps.
1 -600rwhp map on E85
2-500rwhp on E85
3- pump gas map to run pump gas through every 3rd tank or so. keeps the system clean

I want an Zeitronix ethanol analizer guage here---> http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA.htm
Dont expect this to be an all out "how to" or please dont PM me with this and that on what to do, post it here for others to learn. I really dont have the time or patience for some of the BS people pm us. You all know what i mean.
A close friend of mine named Zack, He is a toyota nut, into AE86's and what not has been helping me along, sort of a personal trainer/motivator..I get lazy, this is a shout out and BIG thanks to Zak..

One more shout out to my bud Eric, u all know him on here as Eric...LOL! He provides beer...sarcasm, morale support, and the best detailing tips for supras!..thx homey.

ok, back on topic..

MODS LIST..will run on E85

There is so much stuff I cant even cover it all, but here is the just of it. The supra will be painted black with in a year or 2 or maybe even a respray..IDK the blue is growing on me. Also a lot of this is still to be installed. I will be installing it all of the next few months…My shop is covered in awesome parts. Yeah baby! If anyone is thinking about, I do have an alarm on the shop and Im armed..LOL!!! Don’t even try!

1983 celica supra w/85 front end and 85 tail lights

all tuning will be done by MOTIVA motorsports here in ABQ, home of the hellion mustang.
here--->http://www.motivaperformance.com/index.html

2JZGTE aristo motor single turbo conversion
custom motor mounts
ARP headstuds
NEW HKS MHG
HKS 264 cams
Unorthodox Adjustable cam gears
USDM H20 pump
Fluidampr dampner
Cut, polished, shaved and tapped water neck
Oil filter relocation kit with braided lines

EMS/Electrical shit
AEM V2
AEM 5 bar sensor for boost
AEM 5 bar map sensor
AEM 5 bar oil pressure sensor
AEM 10 bar pressure sensor on FPR wired to AEM V2 for datalogging
AEM AFR,boost,OP gauges on triple guage pod..on A pillar
Autometer EGT, oil temp, water temp gauges(all red digital)..triple guage pod on dash
Battery relocated to the truck/hatch (summit kit with circuit breaker)
Coil packs completely rewired
Wiring harness modified for AEM EMS V2

Fuel System
Weldon DB2025-A -12 inlet and -10 outlet 1400HP fuel pump
Weldon A2040-281-A-120 fuel injected (up to 120psi) -10 inlet and -8 outlet FPR
Weldon 14000 fuel pump controller..keeps it quiet
-12 custom draw tube in tank to -12 into Aeromotive billet fuel filter 100 micron
-10 out of fuel pump to Aeromotive billet fuel filter 40 micron
-10 russel braided SS fuel line to Y block
2 -8 feed lines to rail(can go to -10 if needed)
Titan dual feed fuel rail -8 both ends
-8 return line to Weldon FPR
-8 russel braided SS line to tank
Inject Dynamics 1000cc fuel injectors
Over $1000 in russel and fragola fittings
Fuel tank is customized

IC and cooling
24x12x3 aluminum IC
3” aluminum IC pipes custom
siliconeintakes.com couplers and clamps
polished griffin radiator with griffin Rad cap
ADM (adrenaline motorsports RIP)dual electric fan kit with temp sensor and fan housing...nice piece here too!

Turbo
ITS 67mm DBB w/.68 AR housing 3” Vband, T4 tapped for EGT fresh rebuild by Justin at comp turbo..0 miles
Turbo blanket..its bitchen cool
Raptor Racing 2JZGTE manifold w/44mm WG flange..thanks George!!
OEM mani gaskets
TIAL 44mm WG 13psi spring
toyota T100 heat shield modded.
Custom DP 3” with WG dump pipe routed back in DP
mandrel bends to magna flow muffler w/test pipe. Dual bungs.
Synapse synchronic BOV
Arizona performance oil return to pan fitting..well made piece
Action hose braided lines (local shop)
Polished vacuum manifold for braided vacuum lines with russel AN-4 fittings..still in progress

Suspension
Raptor Racing dobi’s front and rear coil springs
Tokico Blues shocks
Addco sway bars front and rear
I need new bushings soon
also waiting for new bolt on coil over kit..then above is history!

Raptor Racing front and rear BBK cross drilled rotors wilwood clalipers and pads
Simmons 17” wheels
Tru-trac rear end with 3:42 gears

Transmission
Before you say anything..I have a freshly built R154 on the bench to replace it…Im gonna test this tranny until it grenades
W58 with JZ bellhousing
Raptor Racing W58 feramic clutch (im going to put this clutch to the test..then go R154)
New OEM seals
NashMan short shifter
ARP flywheel bolts
BillyM kit

Chromes intake manifold and TB
Polished valve covers
TRD oil cap
Custom painted spark plug cover(by me)..matches oem paint
Polished and shaved water neck.
New OEM seals and gaskets.
Polished radiator cover thing in front

Anyways,

this is what you can do with an old Rabid Chimp 7MGTE DP we cut modified and welded for 3 days on this pipe to fit RR 2JZGTE 44MM flanged Mani. Yes Im pretty proud of it..Wrapped in heat wrap, tied in CV boot clamps. Might re-do the clamps to hide the crimps under the pipe

I know the DP looks like it has a crease in it but its just the way this pic looks

See the booger we had to weld on the side here? I got a little to happy with the grinder and thinned it here...so we welded this booger on to thicken it up and here it is during the Re-grinding smoth process...oops!

We welded 2 bungs here for the wideband..AEM calls for 36" for the bung for turbo charged vehicles...so that where the 1st on is..MY AEM V2 EMS will use the wideband instead of a O2 sensor, the 2nd bung is for the tuner to tie into for dyno pulls.

heres a couple engine bay pics...these are old but at least you get a visual.

Ok, here is a couple of shots of my Front BBK..i havent installed the rear yet. Im still waiting on the oem spacer from toyota to preoad the bearings properly.
I installed longer wheel studs. the stock ones where to short because i had to install 8mm wheel spacers to clear the brake calipers...My Simmons wheels didnt clear it!! [email protected] ME!!! Yup im pissed off about it.(anyone want to buy a set of 17" Simmons wheels?)

so after some careful measuring, i need an extra 7.5 mm. So i found these 8mm wheel spacers to give me the clearance for the calipers.
http://www.ezaccessory.com/4_Lug_5_16_Thick_Spacer_p/601.htm

now that ive added 8mm (spacer induced) the wheel studs were going to be to short so I went to autozone and bought some dorman studs that were $1.99 each. the stock ones were 42mm long. the new ones are 49.5ish mm long. So i only lost .5mm in length. I had to go buy a shop press at harbor freight. its a 12 ton. Cost $130. I used it to press out and in the new studs. The studs will come out with a whack of the hammer pretty easy if you don’t have a press. But they wont go in so easy. If you think you can use a lugnut and an impact to pull the new stud through, guess again..not happening.!! I tried..LOL!
If you want the part number for the wheel studs look in the pic..its right there.

Stock stud top
New one bottom

these deep impact socket made perfect pressing spacers thinga ma jigs....see the marks on my hub..thats because I beat a wheel stud in with a sledge hammer and missed a few time..thats when i said ef it..time for a press!

heres a few pics of the front passenger side of my BBK. I bought this kit off a member here (Not Graptor Racing, although its his kit)and it was still brand new never installed in the box! It did not come with directions. I pm’d George at raptor racing for some and he said there aren’t any. He did suggest this link to a great write up of the front install. Awesome!

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?22364-Front-BBK-upgrade-and-wheel-bearing-install-Step-by-step-w-pics

If you just have the front to install it should be pretty strait forward. Its obvious which caliper and rotors go where since you only have the pair.You should have some novice mechanical skills to do this though.
If you have both front and rear kit like I did and no instructions and no parts list on which rotor or caliper goes to the front or rear it can get pretty frustrating trying to figure which parts go where. For this reason alone I was pissed off and cussing out George in my mind, even though I didn’t buy it from him, there was no parts list. Separating the bolts and shit sucked. I spent hours trying to figure out what went where. So this BBK kit gets a mediocre recommendation from me..to each there own. George, I recommend you put something on you BBK page on which part number is front rotor and rear and which caliper is front and rear and which bolts go where and where the brackets mount etc etc. I realize the thicker rotor goes up front but others may not...like I said this is not a “how to thread”..its my whatever I feel like writing thread…end rant

Now the nice
One more thing. Ive purchased many things from Raptor and all parts are top notch and he ships fast..so don’t take the above the wrong way. Raptor Racing is top notch.

You can see his BBK in the pic. His braided line kit. His dobinson springs to. Free advertising for Raptor Racing..LOL!!

Heres a few pics of it on…in case youre wondering. I did clean and re-pack the wheel bearings with mobil one synthetic grease and put a new seals on.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
YES, you did it, you just couldn't contain yourself could you. :) Congrats man, that motor is looking sweet man. Good luck my friend with the rest of your project, I'll be watching, you are like me....continously doing shit.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris..how'd i know youd be the 1st to post up you forum whore!!..LOL.. I suck at building these types of threads..i swear. I will try and get this one situated sooner or later...I will be constantly be changing it around...Now get back in the shop and spit shine that new 7M block!!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I've been waiting for months for you to make a thread! Looks like everything is coming along very well. I think I may be going the same route as you with the e85. There a pump about an hour from my house so I may just fill a 55gal drum when needed. Looks like we have pretty much the same exact setup so 600 on e85 will not be a problem to achieve. I see you circulated the the dumptube for the wastegate, guess you're too classy for an open dump lol jk. Good luck with the rest of the project!

·
Super Moderator
8,165 Posts
Cool setup. I don't see any ignition mods though. You're probably going to need the DLI for the AEM and you'll probably need new coil packs if you still have originals.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
U think I need DLI with high impedance injectors? The coils packs were completely rewired and are in excellent condition..if it starts to break up I will replace them with new OEM ones.

Thx username...ur build thread has helped me more than u can imagine.

·
Registered
315 Posts
So this is what happens when "7MGTE Bliss" fades? lol

Once the MK11 gets a 2JZGTE it pretty much reaches it's pinnacle of development. Luckily, there'll still be slight improvements, minor tweaks here and there, to keep the addiction alive and well :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If you have any questions lmk. I bet we can learn a lot from each other. Im doing a some minor stuff right now and then Im hoping to finally go to the track.

·
Super Moderator
8,165 Posts
U think I need DLI with high impedance injectors? The coils packs were completely rewired and are in excellent condition..if it starts to break up I will replace them with new OEM ones.

Thx username...ur build thread has helped me more than u can imagine.
It has nothing to do with the injectors. Its all about plug condition, gap, and combustion pressure. I know with the V1 AEM it was pretty much mandatory to have a DLI, not entirely sure with the V2 since I believe it is actually sequential. Frankly if I had a standalone I'd ditch the factory coils and go to the later VVTI waste spark setup. Mine ran flawlessly with no help on the 7M, but the 2JZ ones are a headache IMO.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I use new factory coils, NGK plugs(not sure of the part number off the top of my head but they're like $3/ea) that are gapped to .028, amd no DLI with my pro efi ems and haven't had a problem yet. I think you'll be ok for now without out the DLI but Im not sure if you'll need it for higher power like 650+. Whatever you'll find out sooner or later lol.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could see that if the spark isnt strong enough it could blow out. I had that happen before on the 7m before I used the COP set up. Thanks for the 411 Silver. I knew what you were talking about just not very good communicating it. I will look into the later VVTI set up if i have an issue with this.

So this is what happens when "7MGTE Bliss" fades? lol
Jukka you have a very good memory my friend..It sure was bliss when she was running good but it was really never the engine Ive always wanted under the hood...its under there now..call it 2JZ BLISS ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm glad that you finally broke down and did a build thread. This baby has been in the works for some time. The progress that you are making with this engine/car combo is something that truly needs to be seen. These pics just don't do it justice. I mean, WOW! This thing is going to scream once it is all put together, tuned, and finalized...for now. We all know that something like this is never truly, done. At least not for you Jake. After it's all done, the whole Abq crew is going to have to get together, and have a Supra orgy at your place. Yup, this needs to be done. I guess we can throw in that little AE86 of Zac's also. Good job my friend, no, GREAT job.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Jake you Traitor...

J/K Brotha, Looks like when I come through there in a couple weeks Im going to have to take a good hard look at your setup. Let me know what parts you have left over from all the 7M stuff that you have. Im sure you have something.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Or by a MK4..IDK.
[/IMG]
Dont do this DUDE! Just happened to re-read this part... :) Just do the necessary mods to make your mk2 chassis handle anything, you already have a gazoodle of $$$ in your car.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Glad to see you finally sharing pics Jake! And this may be the only 2J swap on the planet(!) with a Barbie shoe in some crevice under the hood...courtesy of my daughter - sorry bro ;)

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The barbie shoe will give some extra traction!!

Bump..I added pics and info on my front BBK install to the 1st post. That 1st post will be a mile long by the time im done adding to it..:)

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Cat is finally out of the bag...seems like it was a year ago Clinton was bragging about your 'honda'. LOL!

Looks great Jake! Glad to see another one turned to the dark side! LOL

Ignition amplifiers such as the HKS DLI are capacitive discharge modules to increase spark output voltage and lengthen the discharge rate. The basic idea is the additional cylinder pressure, coupled with the increase in available fuel compressed into the same area makes it difficult for the stock coils to keep up with. IIRC, I was told the change from wasted spark to sequential spark control in the V2 makes the DLI a redundant device and thus not needed.

Swap looks great man...keep it up!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I figured I would shed some more info on the 83 supra you see in the Pics and the looooong story behind it, enjoy my crappy writing.

This is the supra that NDTOAN built up in the bay area. Last I heard he was a Toyota mechanic. But so am I, meh? He put it up for sale on the forum and CELSUP flew up and bought it. Then CELSUP put it up for sale a year later and I bought it from him. Im not even gonna say how my buying experience from him was…but it was less than desirable.

When I got it from him he provided a nice documented history of the supra and receipt that a new MLS headgasket and ARP headstuds were installed to the sum of $2000!! So I get that BS cost passed on to me when I bought the supra. When I drove to Colorado to buy it I took it for a short test drive. It pulled nice at 11psi but My 7mgte supra would of raped this car. But it was good enough for my new project. Ive always wanted a MK2 with a 2JZ in it.

So we do the deal, I load it on the trailer and bring it home and get it street legal, you know registration, plates and shit. The 1st day I drive it like 15 miles tops and all of a sudden it wont build boost at all, none, nil, zilch!!. I start checking everything but cant figure it out. Then, when I looked in the IC pipes they were full of oil. Then I looked at the rear turbo it looked like the seals went out. But im thinking it should still built boost from the front turbo right?

So here I am driving some car that someone else built(against my inner voice saying don’t do it build your own) and I say “EF” it..the twins are coming off and time to go single turbo AFTER THE 1ST DAY!!!! I feel like I got ripped off in this sense, but opinions are like..well you know. I never contacted CELSUP about it because I almost begged him to sell me the car, even though he advertised it for sale then he pulled it off the market, that’s when I came in to buy it. The supra looked much better in the pics. I would of called the car a Mone’. Looks good from a far but far from looking good if you know what I mean. I see this after I drove 600 miles to buy it trailer in tow. Oh, well shit happens.

Jump ahead months later and im pulling the intake mani off and one of the bolts that holds the mani on was hand tight, I removed it with my hand!! So I bet the no boost culprit was a blown intake mani. So much for a $2000 MLS install with ARP’s by a pro shop. What a bunch of Fuckin idiots..hand tite? C’mon assholes..jeez. (I will post up the shops name shortly)End Rant.

I sold my red supra shell to a member on here called NEREN. He put a 5mge back in it. Thanks to Junkie harness and the way he recommends wiring it in..it was easy to go back to 5mge for him…then I parted out the rest out except the good stuff to go on the 83. I made I nice chunk parting the old red one out and it funded a lot of my new build. Although the parts ive accumulated since I bought this 83 has cost me a fortune and im still not done yet…but when it is done…Look out…this supra will be lethal…and WICKED FELINA will rise out of the ashes like a phoenix..and I will go kill hondas with it..ok bye.

1 - 20 of 234 Posts