Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) This evening after work I stopped by my mechanics to shoot the bull, he asked if i had fixed the ac yet on my supra, since I had not we pulled it in , pulled the valve cores at the compressor and put in dye, pulled vacuum, and charged it with "12 freeze(r12 replacement). After running for 15 minutes we used the uv light to find the leak(o-rings on top of the compressor) pulled the freon out, fixed o-rings, and repulled vacuum and then recharged. My only complaint about the whole deal is he won't take payment, just wants a 30 pack of Bud.
I had been dreading the ordeal, figured more problems and a retrofit to R-134, but I think I got lucky this time. Plus I have dye in the system so future leaks will be easier to spot.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I hope My situation is similar to yours!! I just replaced the Compressor and the shop I work at just got in 2 cases of freeze 12. I pulled a vac. but had a VERY small leak, but with as much as F12 costs I wanted to find the leak first....am going to put the dye in hopefully today....... wish me luck

How many cans did your system take?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope you find the leak as easily as I did, the first owner of the car told me he thought it was the evap. core, but they just kept putting in R-12. all we found was the o-rings on top of the compressor. It held 29 inchs vacuum for 1 hour, and has held freon since charged friday.... Its cool to be cool.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I may have look into this as my air con has a slow leak. It lasts for about six weeks before it stops working. I had dye put in last summer, how long will it show up for with the u v light. It would be nice to get it working again as I have replaced the pump and the evoporator last year and spent a shed load of money on it.
Regards
Pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts