Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , I too, am one of the many MKII lovers. I have an '84 Ptype nearly 90% restored. I recently pulled the stereo and began the process of installing a newer Camry CD/Radio(Bradster) that I learned about from another thread. So far , so good. But my AC went soon after. I travel for a living so I haven't really had time to get at it. My AC switch is good, R12 freon is still good, but I blow the 10A fuse every time I hit the switch. Spoke to Mark at McCord's(super cool dude) and he ran through a bunch of possibilities. Before I pull apart the dash, should I- A.) Take her to Toyota and ask for a senior wrench who knows these cars for a full diagnostic or - B) Is there something obvious that I should check.
I just did ALL belts, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, new valve cover gaskets, Earl change and cleaned battery terminals. Car was a Florida car and has 93,000 original miles. AC went before I did this work. Any suggestions??? I'm in NJ!

·
Registered
22 Posts
IIRC A/C fuse can blow because of a short in one of the stereo wires, clock, horn, hazards, cigarette lighter IIRC...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply

I'ts going in tomorrow for a electronic diagnostic. This is not in my league. D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts